fathers day toy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superman_36

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I started stripping this saw at 9:00am and just finished sanding, painting, and reassembled it at 6:00 pm.
I am going to give this one to my father for fathers day tomorrow hope he likes it.

what it did look like

purchased the 1020 xp off of ebay a few weeks a go and just got it in

great runner to, fired 2nd OR 3rd pull when it came in the mail

as for the paint i have a great connection at VPC (Virginia paint company) and BIG LUE matched it the best he could, used the inside of the clutch cover for the sample

hope everyone likes the pics
i will posting some more i have restored
thanks
ERIK KING

Sweet restoration job, I will have to check out VPC to see about getting some paint. What type application did you use to apply paint? Heat resistant paint?

I had that one on my watch list,glad it worked out for you.How about asking ole Lou,what the color is,many want to know.

that is one SWEET saw! love those homelites. your dad is one lucky man to be getting that beauty. would love to know the color codes or names for my homelite restoration projects :)

paint code

Monday i will try to get by there. They have a new system where they store all the codes in the computer then writing them on the can the old way. As for application just used what i call a hvlp pencil gun the color turned out pretty close i thought. The paint it self is a fast drying enamel.

My next project is a SOLO REX 125
and a MC super 55a that i just got from a old-timer

Thanks for the compliments i was hoping you guys would like it
ERIK KING

The saw bug is digging in on you. be prepared to add an additional shed to your house for saws.

great work. i got socks. but then again thats what i ask for.. i pick my own saws,and would have to lie about being excited, if they did buy me something like a pretty green poulan or something. :)

Homelite Red Paint:

The red paint I use on my Homelites is a Rustoleum V7762, Sunset Red. Another fellow mentioned using a VW bright red paint from Canadian tire. So far I've also used Krylon Safty Yellow for the Mac saw. I find this to be an interesting hobby. You can see some pics of the saws in EHP's section of this forum under, Lewis Brander Collection. A good Father's Day gift. I just found out that my stepson and his significat other are expecting their first, so that sort of made my day. Everyone take care. Lewis Brander.

Latest posts

Back