Favorite Climbing Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Favorite Climbing Saw

• Husky

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Stihl

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Echo

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
I've tried all the top handle saws and find that it is awkward to make good cuts. Since I've started using a husky 262. Great saw with good power.

Monkeypuzzle,
Why are you naked???? That must hurt when a stick from the chipper hits you!

Smith,
Thank god, I thought I was the only climber in the free world that likes a rear handled saw. What the heck do these clowns see in a top handle saw?

Monkeypuzzle- TMI! :eek:
Dave- Why did you have to say that? The mental image is too much! make it STOP!!! :blob2: :blob2:

Smith, I also use the Husky 262.It is I would say 5-6-7 years give or take?????help me out here Huskyman.It stays on the ground with clean-up mostly,but good climging saw when the Husky 136 can take no more.I used my new 385XP while clinging to the side of a very large Water oak on Wed., the circumference was about 14 feet.Had to take the trunk in two pieces and took just under 9 min. to make the first cut.I can't feel my arms today,but I did get some nice pics.Top handle saws have no place in the removal world as far as I'm concerned. Who knows how to put pics in here???????????????:confused: Do you see many monkeys that do wear clothes?:D

Back