Favorite Climbing Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Favorite Climbing Saw

• Husky

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Stihl

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Echo

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
treeclimber165

treeclimber165

Member A.K.A Skwerl
I've had approx. 6 months total experience using an 020T, only got to try a Husky twice. Been using Echos for climbing for about 8 years. They are just about the most comfortable climbing saw I have used. They just fit my hand perfectly!:cool:

buckkillr8

buckkillr8

ArboristSite Member
When it comes to the big saws, I'm another HUSKYMAN myself but for climbing i love my echo 3000. Since im a smaller person the light weight of the saw makes it easier for me to climb with.

HUSKYMAN

HUSKYMAN

Addicted to ArboristSite
I only climb when I have to, and when I do I go for the good old XL2. Light and much more powerful then the 009 I had. I dont have a 335XPT because I dont get up there enough to warrant the cost. And when I am down limbing I can switch to the back trigger for more leverage. I love em.

Toddppm

Toddppm

Addicted to ArboristSite
Gotta go 020T, they are kinda small for my hands, used to have a problem shutting it off on accident but got used to it, but they are powerful:D

treeclimber165

treeclimber165

Member A.K.A Skwerl
nositting, buckkillr8

You guys might want to know that the 3400 weighs virtually the same as the 3000, but I found them to last a lot longer and they have a lot more power than the 3000. Only $30-$40 more, well worth it next time you need a climbing saw.

Latest posts