Favorite Phrases

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look in the Off the Topic Forum in the Maury Povich thread, that's where you can beg for it. (AKA cheat )

Kyle

Last edited:
Shines like a diamond in a goats butt
Takes a big dog to weigh a ton
You cuttin` wood or plowin` a garden??(this one got me to keep dads saw out of the dirt when I was a kid)
Madder than a wet hen
Flatter than a wet feed sack on a rock slab

Nah. They were corny then, too. But in the nineties, everyone was so ironic or post-modern grunge. Cornieness was my little niche and distinguished me from the competition.

"...in the nineties"???? Whoa, you are just a young'un, aren't you? Sheesh, I feel old....

My FIL's, when disciplining one of his 5 sons had a favorite saying: "Either you knock it off or I will knock you off then I will just make another one."

Shari

Nah. They were corny then, too. But in the nineties, everyone was so ironic or post-modern grunge. Cornieness was my little niche and distinguished me from the competition.

"...in the nineties"???? Whoa, you are just a young'un, aren't you? Sheesh, I feel old.... :(

My FIL, when disciplining one of his 5 sons, favorite saying: "Either you knock it off or I will knock you off then I will just make another one."

Shari

Neat thread....we're on a hockey stick learning curve ( from AlGore's hubris ).

Some from Downeast:

Dope Slap

Set her ( putting the dead in a lobster trap for bait )

and the often used " 'em " ...used as a modifier e.g : "F_ _ _ 'em"

W.B.'s slolen favorite = pooch

One I thought up yesterday

After explaining how something works to a lady for the 5th time in 2 months I told my boss:
"Shes got a mind like a steel trap, only it is rusted shut so nothing else can get in."

When talking to a pretty young lady.

" Do you have a mirror in your pants? cuz I can see myself in them!"

My Grandpa used to say I was like a fart in a skillet when I was younger. I think it means I went "seven ways from sunday and none of them lead anywhere"

That's a chainsaw, not a trencher!

All wood that's not firewood or sale-able as a log: ####wood.

Jeff M. to The Dan,

" Don't cut your twinky off with that thing kid"

The he hopped in his truck and ran over 6 helmets, someone's lunch box and a mailbox all the while with nary an ounce of oil in the motor.

Latest posts

Back