February Blizzard

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spring has sprung in the Southland. Mayhaw and swamp maple are blooming, buds are swelling on everything else, birds are singing. I saw 75 today and 80 is forcast for tomorrow. Wearin shorts, sandals, and a T shirt today. I expect another cold front or two, but no more all day every day fires until next December. Soon as Spring gets done with what we want from her down here, we'll send her on up North.

Bet this sounds good to a lot of you right now, but the envy will be on My face come August / September, when temps and humidity synchronize at 95 and the storms are on the Gulf Stream.
image.jpg

Very tired of it, and we still have March and April to go. 42" on my front lawn and it's snowing again.

One year I lived up there I had snow on the ground september to the following june, and I got frost in my garden every single month during the summer! Not a total hard killing frost, but it happened.

While hiking into a remote trout pond one summer for some fly fishing, we ran into snow pack deep in the woods. We had a snowball fight on the Fourth of July! Fishing was fantastic.

In the last ten days we've had a record low temp record snowfall for the year, last 2 days in the 40's, two inches of rain last nite and tonite low of 20 with snow and 50 mph winds. And we're within a couple hundred miles of you whitespider

Sent via mental telepathy

to me this winter seems like what winter should be. I always want more snow. got almost enough so far. I enjoyed the last 2 mild winters we had. hardly burned any wood and didn't have to do much plowing and got plenty of work done around the house. I just try to make the best of it.

Wow... thunder, lightening and heavy snow all at the same time.
Snow flakes darn near the size of half-dollars, so thick it's difficult to see across the street here in town.
No wind yet... but "they" say it's not far off.
Gonna' be an interesting drive home tonight...
But all is good, I drove my pickup in this morning... ya' know... the truck with the bias ply tires :D

I finally shoveled off my house and garage roof yesterday before the blizzard today they are saying we could get 14- 18 inches wet heavy snow tonight tomorrow. I couldn't let that get on top of this.

2003_0101Snowroof0006_zps54b128ba.jpg

2003_0101Snowroof0002_zps49b488b3.jpg

Just a reminder what green grass looks like. My pastures have started greening. T-shirt working weather last few days. May get a cold front next week, just cool weather. Fire in the morning to get the chill out. Really nice days ahead. August-September, maybe 3 digit temps, I just adapt. Y'all keep the extreme cold up North where it belongs. Just send the slightly cool fronts this way.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 7
Daffodils are up here and I had to refill the hummingbird feeder again. They stayed all winter again this year, even when it was on the teens.

2 hours for a 45 minute drive home. Made it THIS CLOSE before I got stuck in the driveway. Drifting has lots of roads close to shut down locally.

gynama7y.jpg

Trees are taking a beating too. One down at the edge of my driveway, another looks like this:

u3uqy8a2.jpg

Gonna be busy on the tractor in the AM.

We got that Thundersnow yesterday morning. We picked up about 4" of wet heavy snow in about 3 hours. It wqs snowing like crazy. Then it rained, Then it hit high 40s. Then the wind and now temps are dropping and everything is icing up. Saw this yesterday on FB and thought it was pretty funny.
1620560_680486901994789_814011235_n.jpg

Spring has sprung in the Southland. Mayhaw and swamp maple are blooming, buds are swelling on everything else, birds are singing. I saw 75 today and 80 is forcast for tomorrow. Wearin shorts, sandals, and a T shirt today. I expect another cold front or two, but no more all day every day fires until next December. Soon as Spring gets done with what we want from her down here, we'll send her on up North.

Bet this sounds good to a lot of you right now, but the envy will be on My face come August / September, when temps and humidity synchronize at 95 and the storms are on the Gulf Stream.
View attachment 334530
can you turn the screw a little tighter please?:laugh:

Back