Few saws I’ve been collecting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Undivided attention...that, to me, seems a bit extreme, but a co-dependent relationship isn't always unhealthy and is in some cases is a good thing. "Too many toys" can indeed be a problem, I've had to thin out the herd at times, so that also makes sense. If you have a healthy, balanced relationship, congrats man, that's an accomplishment.
My wife got pissed when I had 200 saws. When it hit 500 she said that was it. She is now gone and I am over 700.

Good for you Paul.

Sorry to hear that Bill, I'm somewhere around 500-600 and we're still going strong together.

Stig - how did you achieve such a nice paint job around the label on the Silver Logmaster? It looks like you removed the metal tag and put it back after painting. I am curious how you managed that.

I also finally noticed the double barreled exhaust is quite, in fact, a double barrel...

I just cleaned up my Silver Logmaster and put it up in the display.

It wasn't terrible, just dirty from setting under a bench for 30 years or so.

20230707_165435.jpg

Mark

Stig, you do some beautiful work. may I ask what primer and paint you are using and what spray equipment?
Nothing special. Strip with Citri Strip and rattle can.Saws are not “over restored” can use any one of them.

Stig - how did you achieve such a nice paint job around the label on the Silver Logmaster? It looks like you removed the metal tag and put it back after painting. I am curious how you managed that.
Good for you Paul.

Sorry to hear that Bill, I'm somewhere around 500-600 and we're still going strong together.

I also finally noticed the double barreled exhaust is quite, in fact, a double barrel...

I just cleaned up my Silver Logmaster and put it up in the display.

It wasn't terrible, just dirty from setting under a bench for 30 years or so.

View attachment 1119395

Mark
Blue masking tape. Go over the edge then razor blade excess tape leaving the edge of the plate covered.

Tape needs to be removed soon as you’re done spraying.

DC6C4A7D-CA90-4D8F-97B3-C2082F35773C.jpeg

Odd, I have yet to see a Remington or Mossberg shotgun out sell a comparable Winchester. What gun is it that the cowboy action shooters use?

I used to collect and trade them when I had an FFL. The Winchesters are nice but not "nicer" enough to justify the premium people would pay over the other brands. The CAS guys are after a certain look, that's all.
Yea, but you can't argue that Pre 64 Winchesters are a better investment.

Latest posts

Back