Few saws I’ve been collecting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grown men dressing up in costumes to shoot old guns is about as queer as a football bat IMO.
Most of those guys are using reproduction guns as the original ones are too valuable to shoot now.
Yes the one he is shooting is a replica. Had you watched the video you would have heard him say that.

ITs just the name Winchester :rolleyes: Marlin levers are a much better gun.
Yes and no. The Marlins allow you to run a scope without drilling the receiver and using one of those damn side mount abortions.
That said they will never have the panache. A winchester model 71 deluxe or a Mosel 64 are a thing of beauty.

Very nice rifles. Coworker has an unfired 30-06 in the factory box.
The pre 64 model 70 Featherweight in 30-06 Govt or 270 Winchester is about perfect for a back country elk rifle to this day. Especially if you chuck the wood stock and replace it with African walnut AKA a McMillan fiberglass/ carbon fiber stock.

The pre 64 model 70 Featherweight in 30-06 Govt or 270 Winchester is about perfect for a back country elk rifle to this day. Especially if you chuck the wood stock and replace it with African walnut AKA a McMillan fiberglass/ carbon fiber stock.
The guy who owns it is retired, doesn't need the money, has no kids to leave it to. If it were me, I would shoot it. Maybe that's heresy.

The guy who owns it is retired, doesn't need the money, has no kids to leave it to. If it were me, I would shoot it. Maybe that's heresy.
A couple years ago I picked up a 4 digit serial# 30 Govt. m70 in very good condition.... I still haven't shot it....... but there really isn't a reason not to!

A gun that isn't shot isn't of any value to me.
Also those pre 64's are going to plummet in price once the boomers are out of the game. Guys 50 and younger on average have no interest in them.

God, let's hope it's enough to get the old bag out of the house permanently. 😄
I would sell all my 700 plus saws to get what some (NOT I) might call and "old bag" back. I know you meant what you said to be a joke but sir please be careful what you "wish" for.

I would sell all my 700 plus saws to get what some (NOT I) might call and "old bag" back. I know you meant what you said to be a joke but sir please be careful what you "wish" for.
I'd probably sell off some clam shells to get her to respond to any attempts of communication.
Did the try again thing with her once and I should not have gone back for seconds

Back