Finally got me a big Husky - 390XPG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dustytools let me run his at the GTG and man,,,I loved it....
I was wondering about heated handles though...If it makes your hands get too warm and sweat in your gloves,,and then you stop to move brush ,,load wood,,,wont that be worst??? Just wondering...

There is no risk of sweating at the temps I would be wanting heated handles for!

The coldest day here last winter was minus 50 celcius.

I have heard of bad things happening when those carb heaters stick in the "on" position.

Oddly, the 372xpg has a different system, where the switch has a third position for carb heating. There also is a warning against using that position for more than 3 minutes at a time, in the user manual - even though it is said to have a thermostat...........

It's amazing that Husky sells the complete top cover and filter cover for $20. I also modded a new muffler for it since the old one was really beat up. The bar is 28". I replaced the monster spikes with a set of factory big dawgs. I still want to get a half-wrap heated bar for it Do you really thing it's worth the money for an Oregon Reduced Weight bar?

No this is not a 385. I ordered the wrong decal. Unfortunately, the PN for a 390XPG doesn't come up at Jacks, only a 390XP. Anyone know where else I might be able to get one?
578644334_wZhoe-M.jpg

Finally, a paint that matches. I ordered this from Jacks, PN 532126965. It's $13.95 a can. It's similiar to Stihls orange in that it doesn't cover real well. At least it matches!
578644285_j3577-M.jpg

The old decal isn't perfect, but it's better than nothing.
578643903_mGkJk-L.jpg

I modded the first muffler with pipes on both sides. It was going to blow exhaust directly onto the brake handle. I had another, so this one got a deflector on that side. There's also one on the top. The pipe is about 13/16" ID. This is actually a modded 372 muffler.
578644317_qohdD-M.jpg

578643577_hYBPK-M.jpg

578644004_XbocS-M.jpg

It's amazing that Husky sells the complete top cover and filter cover for $20. I also modded a new muffler for it since the old one was really beat up. The bar is 28". I replaced the monster spikes with a set of factory big dawgs. I still want to get a half-wrap heated bar for it Do you really thing it's worth the money for an Oregon Reduced Weight bar?

No this is not a 385. I ordered the wrong decal. Unfortunately, the PN for a 390XPG doesn't come up at Jacks, only a 390XP. Anyone know where else I might be able to get one?
578644334_wZhoe-M.jpg

Finally, a paint that matches. I ordered this from Jacks, PN 532126965. It's $13.95 a can. It's similiar to Stihls orange in that it doesn't cover real well. At least it matches!
578644285_j3577-M.jpg

The old decal isn't perfect, but it's better than nothing.
578643903_mGkJk-L.jpg

I modded the first muffler with pipes on both sides. It was going to blow exhaust directly onto the brake handle. I had another, so this one got a deflector on that side. There's also one on the top. The pipe is about 13/16" ID. This is actually a modded 372 muffler.
578644317_qohdD-M.jpg

578643577_hYBPK-M.jpg

578644004_XbocS-M.jpg

maybe i should weld some mufflers for you next time

you did perfect. onlything i would change is the muffler. i cant stand mulitple ports on each and every side of muffler. but im sure shes breathn well

Brad, I'd be afraid to take one of your saws into the woods and use it... They're too pretty. ;)

:cheers:

i cant stand mulitple ports on each and every side of muffler. but im sure shes breathn well
I have to agree with you. I wanted two pipes but wasn't willing to have the one sticking straight out. I want it to breathe though so that's what I ended up with. I'm open to suggestions. This saw will be ported soon.

Brad, I'd be afraid to take one of your saws into the woods and use it... They're too pretty. ;)

:cheers:
Naah. Anything I get used I like to go through and make everything right. Then I put it into service and just take care of it. This is definately going to be a worksaw.

I have to agree with you. I wanted two pipes but wasn't willing to have the one sticking straight out. I want it to breathe though so that's what I ended up with. I'm open to suggestions. This saw will be ported soon.

Naah. Anything I get used I like to go through and make everything right. Then I put it into service and just take care of it. This is definately going to be a worksaw.

I'll have to take pics of my 390 pipe mod. Anyways, can you get a pic with say a piece of wire holding up the saw around the top handle, to show balance with that lightweight bar? I've got a couple 372-390 class saws and I'm up in the air over a lightweight bar...

Thanks.

Back