Finally milled with the 075...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wdchuck

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
NO PICS, SORRY. There's been a thunderstorm acting up all afternoon.

Well, good things and bad, sort of.

1)The good, the ripping chain that Dean sent, Carlton .404, WOW smoooooth, but, had constant tear out where the chain returned to the saw.
2) Hardly noticeable fuel usage.

The not so good:
1) saw bogged easily, therefore had to baby it through the cut, took forever.
2) chain tensioner either wasn't in the bar hole or needs replacing, over an inch of sag after one cut, operator error most likely.
3) Little to no oil usage based on tank level, and I was using the manual primer as well. It looks like the oiler slot is designed for a bigbar, the oil channel on the saw barely makes the oiling hole on the small mount bar. From the measurements that I took, there's maybe a 64th of an inch for the oil to get through(dremel might help that). Have to make sure the oil is getting to the bar too.
4) GB mill and the 075 full wrap handle don't mix, had to get the angle grinder out to modify the mill where it interferes with the handle, not much, but needed doing.

So, while usable, this saw needs some more tweaking, but I believe it will turn out to be a real performer in time.

I'll have the 075 and the 460 at the GTG this weekend, for the milling demo.

Good to hear you're getting to use your saw and mill. There is a lot to learn about CS milling that only experience will provide. I learn something new every time I fire mine up it seems.

Have you considered 3/8" chain? It should help your feed rate.

Happy milling!

I picked up a 3/8" sprocket, so I can use my 32" bar, just have to get a ripping chain for it. The way a small mount bar lines up with everything isn't so great, I may try for a big mount so there's no putzin around.

Back