firewood cart

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How big (wide) is this basement doorway?

There should be all kinds of ways you could do this, if it's only 8" up. Lots of good suggestions so far. The bigger the wheels the better - should be able to add bigger ones if the ones that come on whatever you get are too small or break. If you get the wood in a big box, then you could either use a cart/doly to move the box - or a sled depending on conditions. A sled would pull up 8" of step without much problem.

Do you own the home? Reason I ask is you may want to consider what my dad did 40 plus years ago. If your basement walls are laid block it is fairly easy to do and REAL handy. Make a wood chute/storage on the outside of the house.

MVC-011S_7.JPG

MVC-013S_5.JPG

MVC-014S_3.JPG

MVC-002S_9.JPG

MVC-001S_10.JPG

Bugs and mess are kept outside in the cool. Little heat loss with opening door and no tracking wet/snow in the house. His holds about 3/4 cord and cheap to do as it's mainly just your own labor. Poured sloped floor with drain that goes into the perimeter foundation tile, laid sidewall using stone. Has worked great for him all these years.

Pallet Jack 058.JPG 505.jpg Pallet Jack 059.JPG Pallet Jack 060.JPG I use a 3x3x3 box I made and move it with a palet jack. Load it at the wood shed, then roll it into the garage and park it by a pass thru door where I can get it out in the den right next to the wood stove. Cuts down on handeling, mess, and moving. It is concrete all the way and slightly down hill or it wouldn't work.

I use a wheel barrow. Built a wood ramp to get up the door, and roll the thing all the way to the wood rack near the fireplace. And repeat until the rack is full.
When I'm done, i put the wheel barrow up, and take away the ramp.

I use a wheel barrow. Built a wood ramp to get up the door, and roll the thing all the way to the wood rack near the fireplace. And repeat until the rack is full.
When I'm done, i put the wheel barrow up, and take away the ramp.

I think this is the best/easiest option.

Back