Firewood drying/ transport ? an attempt at efficiency

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the construction industry would just pick up again! At work we used to build about 8,000 to 12,000 sq ft. per year of of steel buildings, which come on the most beautiful pallets and very nice rough sawn, true dimension oak 2" X 4" 's. And to think, before I used to burn wood we set this stuff out by the road and watched the guys fight over it!

Hey it did stop raining today!! Probably not a good thing though, it's one of those days where the sun is only going to make the thunderstorms worse later on tonight.

Anyway here are some pictures of my pallets, can't see the base but most are either three 6 x 6's or 4 x 4's. I started out using just one on either side but the middle started to bow down so much that I decided to add some support.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I checked while I was out there this afternoon and the wood in the middle is nice and dry and it has been raining here every other day for the past 2 weeks.

very nice!!! yeah this is the year of the damned monsoon. wood needs to be covered this year (IMO) in IL/ IN area - this year has been brutal wrt rainfall....it just won't quit.

Back