Firewood Prices

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Winter Wood

Well I dont pay extra for delivery.. but like everything I am sure it's included:yoyo:, I used to never notice fallen wood along the road. Not the case now.. always comment.. hum.. wonder if that is available. Just call me cheap!:newbie:

Are some of you burning Pine? I was just reading how bad it is because of all the pine tar that gums up your pipe and becomes a fire hazard. I have about 1/3 pine in my woodpile this year. I was planning on tossing it or giving it away as campfire wood rather than selling it in Iowa. Is it worth anything as firewood?

Are some of you burning Pine? I was just reading how bad it is because of all the pine tar that gums up your pipe and becomes a fire hazard. I have about 1/3 pine in my woodpile this year. I was planning on tossing it or giving it away as campfire wood rather than selling it in Iowa. Is it worth anything as firewood?

Kapt. K,

Burn that pine. Pine Tar? You mean creosote.
All wood makes creosote when ya burn it, and more so when ya burn green wood cuz it dosn't burn as hot.

Cut it, split it, season it, burn it.

If it makes ya nervous, run some of that flue cleaner dust now and then, and run the brush twice a season.

Folks out west burn the living crap outta Pine cuz it's about all they have in some places, and they don't have any more issues than we do burning hardwoods.....except maybe they smell funny.;)

Don't be a wood snob!
Pine is great for a quick warm up in the mornings or just to take the chill off in the spring and fall.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Just Pine?

Out in the west we have all kinds of wood and lots of it! I dont know where one gets the idea it's all pine. :bowdown: I grew up in fir country in Oregon, but Oak abounds everywhere, as does cedar, almond, and madrone. Though some people like pine, the majority out west burn oak, madrone and almond. As for burring pine, of course, burn it. :agree2: I like and use pine to start my fires, mostly kindling. Then once it has taken off I used hardwoods.

Pine isn't a fire danger.

It's not very desireable/marketable in areas with an abundance of hardwoods, since it has about half the BTUs in a cord as good hardwoods like white and red oaks, ash, hickory, or hard maple does...so you need twice as much to keep just as warm.

Because of that, I suspect the "rest of the story" behind the myth of it causing chimney fires is because it's not the preferred firewood in areas like mine a lot of people who resorted to using were desperate for wood and were burning it green, and any green firewood causes more creosote build up due to the extra moisture.

I don't go out of my way for pine, but I'll cut it up for the woodstove if I find a storm dropped tree or if it was in my way.

I have never hunted Alberta or Saskatchewan but a buddy got 400 geese in 5 days which sounds cool and I would love a poke at an elk,mulie,goat, sheep, sasquatch,whatever
Someday I need to drive out west,until then I'll just fly.Then I playin BC.

400 geese no wonder our bag limit here is 1 per day.

400 geese no wonder our bag limit here is 1 per day.

Well someone has to cut back so we can kill millions up here. :D

Seriously tho, his buddy must be a guide? A limit of 5 per day for 5 days would mean that there were 16 shooters per day.

Otherwise, I would like to hear more of this story. :D

:cheers:

$135/face cord of mixed hardwoods....no oak.

$100/ half of a face cord....mixed.....no oak.

Delivery included.

-----------------------------------------

Saw the ad, must be true.

$135/face cord of mixed hardwoods....no oak.

$100/ half of a face cord....mixed.....no oak.

Delivery included.

-----------------------------------------

Saw the ad, must be true.

Ok wdchuck.. I will take 10 cords delivered of course... Grass Valley California.. Thank you very much!! I will be on the porch waiting :hmm3grin2orange:

Your order of willow, poplar, poppal logs has been filled, and is on its way.

You will be responsible for the bark inspection fee at each stateline however.

$3000.00 should cover it. Payable in cash to reimburse the delivery driver.

:hmm3grin2orange:

woods down this year $ 200 a full cord we have 80 cords tom trees

:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

I didn't know them Big city folks burned wood let alone paid that much for it.

Wait till January... prices will go back up.

By then Obama will tick off Chavez and Iran, and oil will go back up.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

I didn't know them Big city folks burned wood let alone paid that much for it.

Wait till January... prices will go back up.

By then Obama will tick off Chavez and Iran, and oil will go back up.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

8yf89i.jpg
i am on L I 9 miles from nyc big trees and farm land the north shore tom trees

Latest posts

Back