Firewood Prices

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So what is it that you are trying to say.....that all methheads live in trailers or that everyone who lives in a trailer is a methhead?

Not all of them, just the typical ones as I stated in the post. I was making a vast, gigantic, sweeping, overly dramatic generalization based on my personal experiences of local meth-heads burning their trailers down during meth cooks and costing our county about $1 million in haz-mat cleanup costs and having our jails and emergency rooms go into lock-down mode to deal with the fumes. But then again, I may be just stereotyping right?

Not all of them, just the typical ones as I stated in the post. I was making a vast, gigantic, sweeping, overly dramatic generalization based on my personal experiences of local meth-heads burning their trailers down during meth cooks and costing our county about $1 million in haz-mat cleanup costs and having our jails and emergency rooms go into lock-down mode to deal with the fumes. But then again, I may be just stereotyping right?

Maybe, but based on your personal experiences, maybe not. Just seems like you always hear about manufactured housing being associated with drunks, druggies, methheads, hillbillies, povery stricken families, etc..... No big deal I dont guess.

Maybe, but based on your personal experiences, maybe not. Just seems like you always hear about manufactured housing being associated with drunks, druggies, methheads, hillbillies, povery stricken families, etc..... No big deal I dont guess.

I think you were missing my point. The post was discussing meth-heads, not people that live in trailers. Does the typical meth-head live in a trailer in my area? Yep, but that says nothing about everyone else that also lives in a trailer, as I can also attest to from personal experiences.

I think you were missing my point. The post was discussing meth-heads, not people that live in trailers. Does the typical meth-head live in a trailer in my area? Yep, but that says nothing about everyone else that also lives in a trailer, as I can also attest to from personal experiences.

No biggie, have a good day.

Delivered a facecord for 75 in the morning very close. Then got a call for two face cords, 85 and 15 miles away, then sold one for 90 about 20 miles away. Oh and we are selling freshly split wood that's been sitting bucked for 7-8 months, and that is right on our ad on craigslist. Mostly ash but we've sold it like crazy. Just got a call while typing this for another 85 dollar load 12 miles away. We fill up an 8' bed and its about a face cord.

Ive been checking the local(Charlotte, NC) prices for firewood and Im a bit shocked. Average prices seem to be around 70.00 to 100 for a half cord. Does this seem right? How the heck can anyone make money at these prices? I figure $100 a 1/2 maybe but 70.00?? Maybe its just the area and there isnt a huge demand. How do these prices compare?

charlotte all for sale / wanted classifieds "firewood" - craigslist

Hi I am in Chapil Hill NC. We get $110 1/2 cord and $200 a cord. But over 75% of the firewood we sell is kiln dried and we get $110 a face cord and $300 a cord.

Answer

When we had Irene knew we would have trouble with the firewood business this year. Every Tom, ####, and Harry has wood. They'll be a slew of chimney fires come end of Feb. and March from burning green wood. Friend of mine, who is #2 man on fire dept. is already getting set for it. But come next year it will get back to normal. Lower oil prices, and mild weather isn't helping either. Hang in there and keep cutting. Know from experience it will pay off.
Here where I live there was a news flash about firewood shortage. Every body went crazy to get there firewood well every body sold out of dry wood even me I didn't want to sell bulk but at that time my pardner did. We run out of wood and wanted to sell green and I said no way. So we had a falling out and split ties. I went back to selling bundled Ash him and another fellow went into the bulk firewood business. A lady called me today see if I
would sell her some firewood she is out. I told her to call my ex pardoner she said they out of business. I told her they was a lot of people selling firewood. She said they either out or it's so wet water runs out of it. I said I am sorry but I only sell bundled wood. She said she could buy all the wet wood she wanted for $25.00 a rank. Yes to that because I buy green Ash and put it in my kiln and dry it. In my area wood sellers this time of year need cash flow beer money hey in it for the shot season. I am firewood year round. No more pardoners for me or bulk sales. You sell one load of
green wood you on the down hill slid. There was in my area 164 firewood sellers on Craigslist now there less than a 100 and that's only the ones that advertise. There are three that I can see there houses from my back yard. And they don't advertise they drink a lot of beer. Later

Last edited:
Answer

Delivered a facecord for 75 in the morning very close. Then got a call for two face cords, 85 and 15 miles away, then sold one for 90 about 20 miles away. Oh and we are selling freshly split wood that's been sitting bucked for 7-8 months, and that is right on our ad on craigslist. Mostly ash but we've sold it like crazy. Just got a call while typing this for another 85 dollar load 12 miles away. We fill up an 8' bed and its about a face cord.
I like your ad Bower I grit my teeth when I see ad that state they haul a full cord in a S10 Ranger or a half ton. Truthful you fill up a 8 foot bed with a face cord here we call that a rank thanks for the right amount later

Talked to a gent today that is getting $150 cord delivered. Seasoned Oak, Cherry, Hickory, and Maple.

Logs are going for $100 cord in 8 cord loads.

The mild winter so far has some of the guys dropping prices, and scrambling to pay bills.
Not good really.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Answer

good for you and your son ,in my opinion you are doing a great job as a father and teaching him something far more valuable than cutting wood :smile2:
alot of kids today have no ambition or work ethic ..they sit around with their hand out and usually are never satisfied.it is refreshing to hear of one who
wants to earn his way and not afraid to get up and make things happen for himself.
Not all young people don't want to work my grand son is a good worker until this give him something he like he quit work for a couple months she found her a fellow with a nicer car and he's back to work. So it's not all work ethics there is other thing that go in to play. A million dollar home belonging to a doctor on the north side of town blew up so all meth heads don't live in trailers later

Answer

Talked to a gent today that is getting $150 cord delivered. Seasoned Oak, Cherry, Hickory, and Maple.

Logs are going for $100 cord in 8 cord loads.

The mild winter so far has some of the guys dropping prices, and scrambling to pay bills.
Not good really.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote
Where I live there are very little dry wood there was a 164 dealers they are down to under a 100 and most of them out of wood or it's green. A lady up toward St. Louis is the only dry wood in our area that I know off. I call the saw mill for some Ash he is out and can't get in the wood do to the weather. As I said on ads before if you ain't got back up your going to be hurting. We caught up we going on a vacation thanks to our mild winter. I hate to see fellows stubble but you have to think a head. I have kiln full of dry Ash wrapped and ready for the venders my wife has her supply dry. People come down on there prices I be looking to buy Ash all ready split for $20.00 to $25.00 a rank for next year. Sorry that's life later. Almost 0300 o'clock time get out and do something that needs to be done

Average price around the Lansing, Mi area is $50 per face cord. Not many advertise in the cord range. I suppose most buyers are fireplace people.
I gotta admit it's tough business cutting, splitting and stacking a face of wood and only getting $50 for it. Especially the way I do it where everything is so labor intensive. When I'm done with a load I've worked hard enough that I hate to get rid of it. I am going to advertise and hopefully sell some. I want a few things that aren't in the family budget.
I think I'll sell off some Maple and Ash mixed loads. That should look pretty sitting next to some rich dude's fireplace. :buttkick:

I've seen from 150-250 around here...the 150 a cord wood includes pine, pallette pieces, dried up cat####, and prob CCA. Any hardwoods in these loads were obtained from Hurricane Irene.
Around the 180-220 on up is all hardwoods seasoned a year+ with a few onion bags of kindling scraps; delivered and stacked. The 250's are just a little tooo high.

I guess it all depends on the area but I figure 180 is a good average price.

I checked out a few people in the area and some craigsllist sampling for averages.

Firewood pricing

I have been selling firewood for 39 years now. The biggest problem with everybody is they all sell firewood too cheap! There is way to high of cost when you figure in ALL costs. I do not give my wood away for cheap. Everybody should charge what it is worth. Sure the guy with a pick up truck, 1saw and no insurance thinks he can make money selling his wood cheaper than everyone else just to make a sale, But is he making money? I have never seen a year that I had wood left over and I sell 2,000 full clean cords per year . Green cut and split no matter how you produce it takes time. Charge for it!! $300.00 per cord MINIMUM.

Must be pretty busy too, Too busy to notice this thread ended in January..

No big deal, you're late on this one, and too soon for the new one for this season.

Welcome to AS.

Firewood pricing

Here in Aus,n.s.w spring just started,this winter just gone worst in 12 years.cold enough but people aren,t spending.last winter 1 ton dry,split ironbark(premium hardwood) $180 del locally.this year $90,Too many people with an old :chainsaw: and a pickup cutting ,selling cheap ,green wood,most had leaves growing on it weeks ago.Junk wood ,crap species,no idea or don,t care,just in it for a quick buck.i.e $30 for a pickup load.We to combat this have started a mobile splitter service as well as selling quality firewood,splitting those loads of tough rounds that should have been split by the original seller not passed on to gullible public.We guarantee all our woods,our firewood has a stamp from splitting to identify it,splitting service has taken off very well.tough times brings out the wood bandits here too.Stocking up for next season and hoping things will improve for you guys aswell.:cheers::chainsawguy:

Add another note, many of the CL guys (and some other larger sellers) under deliver. They may be charging $150 per cord, but they don't actually deliver a full cord. Therefore they may be making an addition $20 or so per cord because of shorting the buyer. There are many buyers who don't actually know what a cord is.

Delivered 2 1/2 loads on Saturday, all firepit use. $70 for a stacked load in 8' box, will fill a 4'x10' wood rack no problem, maybe even a 4 x 12'. 16" length so getting close to a half a cord. Wood type- box elder, siberian elm, red elm, green ash, black cherry. Free delivery up to 10 miles. At $70 I'm probably not making anything if consider my labor even though the wood was free. I just do it for the fun of it and have met some pretty nice people selling firepit wood, the extra $ has bought a few new toys (saws). So far nobody has complained that I didn't deliver enough, in fact most are suprised how much wood they end up with....

Good heating wood stays for my own use, and once the excess "lesser" woods are gone from the wood lots I'm working either I'll quit selling or find more lots to clear.....:msp_smile:

I'll help keep this bumbling along.

$65/cord, 8ft lengths, 10 cord minimum, 1-2 year old stockpiled hardwood. I think that's pretty good.

My friend just got this delivery Saturday.

Only requirement, have a landing cleared out.

Latest posts

Back