Firewood Processor Hydraulic Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wood Dog

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi:
I wrote earlier that I'm building a firewood processor. I'm now making the hydraulic chainsaw.
Did some research and came up with the following:
Danfoss M077YC Hydraulic Motor running at 12gpm, 2500 psi, 3000 rpm.
Dansk 12 pin drive spocket with taper lock bushing
Oregon Harvester Bar PART #653HSFL104 16H purchased off Ebay
Check it out http://cgi.ebay.com/OREGON-HARVESTE...ryZ20538QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem
It uses a 404 chain. I've seen one of these in action with this exact setup. All I can say is "WOW" I can't wait to get mine going.
My only problem is trying to figure out the exact lenght of chain I need.

Firewood processor

Hi,Wooddog I am buliding a processor what are you using for a hydraulic pump ?.I have talk to a few hydraulic people and they look at me like I have 3 heads.I have done a lot of reserch but and I am no farther than when I started.The pump is the key to the whole system and I would be interested in what you have come up with.We might be able to help each other.

wood

Hi,Wooddog I am buliding a processor what are you using for a hydraulic pump ?.I have talk to a few hydraulic people and they look at me like I have 3 heads.I have done a lot of reserch but and I am no farther than when I started.The pump is the key to the whole system and I would be interested in what you have come up with.We might be able to help each other.

Buy a small vickers vane pump you will have no trouble with it. They are much more efficient than gear pumps and you will not need as big a pump either due to its effiency and you will not have to run it as hard or fast either.

Dont forget that hydraulic pumps are tested and rated at 100 psi at 1200 rpm if my memeory serves so you do not need a big vane pump and the oil will work more efficently/warm up with less effort and strain on the pump.

Rearding the chain saw motor you should buy a vickers vane motor as well for the same reasons. you do not need a high torque motor for the saw.
:chainsaw: :popcorn:

Latest posts

Back