firewood tractors

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm liking my L285 woods beater so far :)

IMG_20141213_151304.jpg

IMG_20141213_155040.jpg

Stang, I remember when you built that tractor, that was a great thread. Made me start brainstorming........ with a welder and a imagination, anything is possible.

Did you build that loader on here or mytractorforum? It's been a while but I seem to remember that too. Either way great ride, sweet deal!

Hey stang upon closer look I see a nice lx sporting 10 holes, I had two cars that wore 10 holes, they're my favorite foxbody four lug wheels ever!

Stang, I remember when you built that tractor, that was a great thread. Made me start brainstorming........ with a welder and a imagination, anything is possible.

Did you build that loader on here or mytractorforum? It's been a while but I seem to remember that too. Either way great ride, sweet deal!

I built it on tractorbynet, but was on all the other boards, think there is a link in my sig too. It was a workhorse for sure. If it was a hydro with a regular pro, I would have kept it, but it was too difficult to mow with it and the backwards pto made it useless. I sorta miss it, but ran across this BX used with a hurt motor for dirt cheap so I sold it to buy the BX. I'm making all kinds of attachments for the BX too. Building a quick attach front end similar to what I had on the beaver with lighter forks, a separate tooth bucket, building a land plane and currently working on a PTO splitter that is ran off a separate PTO pump. I love the little BX, some people hate on small tractors, like these, but for those of us without 10K acres, they work well as a do it all type machine.

View attachment 387617 View attachment 387618 View attachment 387619 Pulls logs pritty good when she aint stuck in the creek with the old ford n8 pulling her out. Got the little cylinder that lifts my snow plow also working as a log lift. Seams to work good. About to go bring more wood in from the wood shed with her now. Older pic. Its snowing nowView attachment 387621

C allis right? I have a CA, strong little tractors for their size. I have embarrassed some 30-35hp tractors plowing with my 2 bottom mounted plow.

What is the bracket sticking out from the back of the radiator support with what looks like a metal wheel on it? The bracketry behind the seat?

The front one is a home made bracket withh pully wheels for a home made snowplow. Cables run up from the plow though the pullys to the back brackets. The back bracket is actual what would lift a mold bored plow or implement befor 3 point and snap coupler came out. On that theres eye hooks the cables go around so with the tractor hydraulics it will lift the snow plow. I gotta move it into the barn later so I get some pics of it hooked up

Here are my firewood tractors. New Holland TC40 and my JD 445. Haven't had much skidding action in the woods with it yet, just use it to pull trees down, or like an oversized wheel barrow. In the next 3 weeks, it'll be dragging many trees out of the woods with the TC40. The 445 brings in the season wood into the garage.
moving wood.JPGnew holland working.JPG445 working.jpg

I REALLY like that Johnny Bucket Senior on your 445. I'll bet it is really handy.

Dascro do you ever use all of that winches capacity? I was going to put a 4500 on my skidder, but wondered about going to a bigger winch.

I REALLY like that Johnny Bucket Senior on your 445. I'll bet it is really handy.

Thanks man. Its actually not a Johnny bucket. Its a john deere "plow shovel" that is an accessory for the 54" blade's. It uses the plow angle piston to actuate the clam shell shovel. I just got it, and I haven't uses it for any snow or dirt work yet. I actually really was only looking for a plow blade, adn came accross this, and it was to good of a deal to pass up. I paid $400 for the blade and shovel setup. It's not as HD as the jonny buckets from what I can tell, but pretty well built. At the very least, it hauls in firewood!

As far as the chevy goes, I am putting a stock motor back in her. Had a built motor, triple charger, dual cp3 motor, that had some issues. I ended up parting out the the good parts, and am gong back to stock. I used to race it when I had no house, and no responsibilities and could afford to blow thouasands on it...now she will be a real sweet wood hauler. 60K miles, never been driven i nthe rain or snow.

Back