firewood tractors

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
eguzu4a4.jpg

The winch works great, outside of needing a new cable it has been trouble free for many years.

all online, and learning which stuff can crossover...or be custom fabbed.
kinda frustrating...hence, fmr

ex: this tractor shares some stuff in common with IH parts you find on the TSC shelf, and it now has a GM alternator with internal regulator (custom fabbed mount)...it barely fits.

Spidey...I just inherited a small grey market Mitsu (18hp). I defiantely don't care for the tread depth (should say my wife doesn't) I think she will shoot me if I go through the lawn again. I see tires on your tractor are similiar with the narrow and very deep bars.

Oliver 1655, 70 hp, fluid filled tires, 12,000 lbs Badlands winch. Mighty handy!Oliver 1655 with grapple & 12,000 lb skidding winch - 2.jpg

Oliver 1655 with grapple & 12,000 lb skidding winch.jpg
Winch has a battery on the boom assembly but has a slave cable going to the tractor's 2 batteries as well. Never have ran out of juice.

Winch is mounted to a 1/4" steel plate welded to a 2" - 1/4" wall square tubing so it can be used in a receiver hitch. Used welding lead connectors for quick disconnects. I have my car hauling trailer fixed the same way. In less than 5 minutes. I can have the winch switched from one to the other (It weighs around 90 lbs, so I back the tractor up to the trailer to make it easier to move.)

When I cut with my dad he likes my jd 2840 with quick attach forks or bucket. When I cut at my cousins farm I skid the hole tree or trees with a jd 3155 4x4 or the jd 4555 4x4. Both have a cab and heat. When I have some one to skid while I drop em. Then my cousin picks up the whole tree with a grapple on his bobcat A300 and brush in 1 spot then move to the bucking spot and I never bend over to cut. Lots of people say we cheat

Latest posts

Back