firewood tractors

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agvg

ArboristSite Operative
eguzu4a4.jpg

SPDRMNKY

SPDRMNKY

ArboristSite Dork
all online, and learning which stuff can crossover...or be custom fabbed.
kinda frustrating...hence, fmr

ex: this tractor shares some stuff in common with IH parts you find on the TSC shelf, and it now has a GM alternator with internal regulator (custom fabbed mount)...it barely fits.

bowtechmadman

bowtechmadman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Spidey...I just inherited a small grey market Mitsu (18hp). I defiantely don't care for the tread depth (should say my wife doesn't) I think she will shoot me if I go through the lawn again. I see tires on your tractor are similiar with the narrow and very deep bars.

Oliver1655

Oliver1655

Addicted to ArboristSite
Oliver 1655, 70 hp, fluid filled tires, 12,000 lbs Badlands winch. Mighty handy!Oliver 1655 with grapple & 12,000 lb skidding winch - 2.jpg

Oliver 1655 with grapple & 12,000 lb skidding winch.jpg
Winch has a battery on the boom assembly but has a slave cable going to the tractor's 2 batteries as well. Never have ran out of juice.

Winch is mounted to a 1/4" steel plate welded to a 2" - 1/4" wall square tubing so it can be used in a receiver hitch. Used welding lead connectors for quick disconnects. I have my car hauling trailer fixed the same way. In less than 5 minutes. I can have the winch switched from one to the other (It weighs around 90 lbs, so I back the tractor up to the trailer to make it easier to move.)

Sawdust inspector

Sawdust inspector

ArboristSite Operative
When I cut with my dad he likes my jd 2840 with quick attach forks or bucket. When I cut at my cousins farm I skid the hole tree or trees with a jd 3155 4x4 or the jd 4555 4x4. Both have a cab and heat. When I have some one to skid while I drop em. Then my cousin picks up the whole tree with a grapple on his bobcat A300 and brush in 1 spot then move to the bucking spot and I never bend over to cut. Lots of people say we cheat

Latest posts