firewood tractors

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's the reason we cut and burn firewood.......in order to get the tractor out. Any reason to hop on the tractor is a good reason. lol

Attachments

• Tractor8.jpg
    Tractor8.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 478
  • Tractor5.jpg
    Tractor5.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 497
  • Tractor4.jpg
    Tractor4.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 463
  • Tractor3.jpg
    Tractor3.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 468
  • Tractor2.jpg
    Tractor2.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 479
  • Tractor1.jpg
    Tractor1.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 475
  • Tractor6.jpg
    Tractor6.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 475
  • Tractor7.jpg
    Tractor7.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 383
Out weighs s Kubota by about 20%. Everything on it is heavier built than any tractor in its class. That is why I ended up with the Branson. That and less money. 47 hp BTW.

:cheers:

Out weighs s Kubota by about 20%. Everything on it is heavier built than any tractor in its class. That is why I ended up with the Branson. That and less money. 47 hp BTW.

a 4720 only weighs around 4K... loader under 500 lbs. ...so 4500lbs.
tires loaded?

47 engine? That would put it just over 40 PTO hp,... Compare it to a 47 engine hp Mahindra and see what one is heavier... Mahindra's are on the heavy side for their hp.

SR

I believe mahindra makes the heaviest tractor running, or at least they do in the size I bought. . I know my 4530 4*4 with loader is a pig on the weight. Tractor is 5567, loader 1000( couldn't find weight on a ml120), loaded rear tires in water 1000 ( r4), foamed the front 1000, she sits just at or under 9000 total. Heavy as all get out for a 42 horse tractor. But my lord is that thing a beast, breaks more dang cat 2 pins on implements that get hung before I can stop it. Oh the foam in the front tires is a love hate thing with me, love I can't get flats any more and helps out greatly when packing house pads, hate the fact that the foam has about as much give as concrete so bush hogging pastures is ruffer than it really needs to be.

47 engine? That would put it just over 40 PTO hp,... Compare it to a 47 engine hp Mahindra and see what one is heavier... Mahindra's are on the heavy side for their hp.

SR

Getting way to technical guys!

Tractor: 4000ish
Loader: 1500ish (not 500)
Box blade: 500ish (forgot it wasn't on in this pic, it usually is)
Fluid in tires: 500/600ish (I forget how much I had them put it, it's been ten years)

My math is 6000ish.

Didn't know mehandras were that heavy. I stand corrected.
:happy:

BTW, it is a great wood tractor. Here in the ozarks you need a 4x4 if your gonna pull a trailer with a tractor. Made the mistake of having it in 2wd once headed down hill in my pasture.

Every once in a while, I use an old tractor around here too,

standard.jpg

SR

BTW, it is a great wood tractor. Here in the ozarks you need a 4x4 if your gonna pull a trailer with a tractor. Made the mistake of having it in 2wd once headed down hill in my pasture.
I like my Kubota just fine down here in the Ozarks, yep it's 4wd... o_O

Getting way to technical guys!

Tractor: 4000ish
Loader: 1500ish (not 500)
Box blade: 500ish (forgot it wasn't on in this pic, it usually is)
Fluid in tires: 500/600ish (I forget how much I had them put it, it's been ten years)

My math is 6000ish.

Nebraska tractor test have set the standards for testing since 1919

Tractor weights are never quoted with an implement installed.

Hp test are never engine hp
They are PTO and drawbar hp. Your Branson is a 42 PTO hp tractor and the don't list drawbar but I would venture to guess its high 30's.

What loader do you have on that thing???? A koyker (good heavy loaders) 155 has a shipping weight with bucket of 522. A 220 koyker(probably to big) has a 1200# shipping weight? Yours is probably some where between.

Going down big hills has more on how the tractors set up than just 4wd or two wheel drive. Tires make a big difference as do differential locks, brake set up and is it a hydrostat or gear drive. The foreign made compact tractors typically spec r4 tires and are to short in length. So yea, 4wd is important to them.

Another point that most new tractor people don't know is.... Both gear drive and hydro tractors may have the same diesel motor and HP, but the hydro eats up hp, so the gear drive ALWAYS puts more hp to the PTO and wheels.

As for MFWD and hills, having the front wheels engaged, gives you four wheel braking too...

SR

Back