Firewood vs pickup window

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My uncle had me clearing out hedge rows on his place when I was about 15. I had a big load of hedge on the truck when I creeped over the leveed end of his pond and I heard a loud POP! I looked back and the back glass was gone. I told my uncle what had happened and he said yeah ok no biggy we will get it fixed. The next weeked same thing happened. He wasnt so calm this time. In fact he was down right pissed. Told me I had thrown a log through the window and there was no other way it could have happened twice. Couple months later we were cutting wood together and I was driving I get to the the levee we had no choice but to cross and I stopped let him have the wheel and guess what. Yup it popped for the third time and he apologized to me for not believing my story. Turns out he had mounted a gun rack and used a screw that was about 1/8 inch to close to glass and when the truck would flex going over the levee it would shatter the glass :)

Latest posts

Back