firewood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bushman

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
How much have you been charging for half cord dryred oak. Iuse to sell it for about 65 level truck bed.but time ,fuel cost think i need to bumb up to 70 or 75 for seasoned wood.

65.00 for a half cord!!! wow that's cheap my folks who live in Amity, Oregon just bought a half cord of white oak (split) and dumped in the driveway for $100

FBX1986 said:
65.00 for a half cord!!! wow that's cheap my folks who live in Amity, Oregon just bought a half cord of white oak (split) and dumped in the driveway for $100

Here in Virginia there seems to be less demand for firewood. It just doesn't get cold enough for long enough for most people to consider firewood as a viable heat source (until the power goes out of course). Plus, with the hurricane last year, people got enough firewood to last several years. It would be depressing to calculate the amount of hardwood that got hauled to the landfill after Isabel.

relevance is needed

This topic has been banged around so many times, and the end result is always so much different. It is the same as asking how much is a bucket of oranges in Florida, or 10lbs of pecans in Georgia. Its just where your at, and how much is available and who is willing to work it, or deliver it. Up by my house wood is cheap and there are 30 guys who want to bring it to you. My office is 40 miles away, in a more concentrated city area, and the price is more than double. Works for me, I load the trailer, drive to work, then unload it after work and pocket some cash. If I dont want to cut, I just go pick it up from another guy and make not quite so much, but it is still good money. Just to know, at home its about $100 A cord and in town its $190 to $225, depending on neighborhood and attitude.

My family gave me about 5cords of dry red oak ;) plenty to keep me busy this winter,and don't plan on making a living with it,been there done that and got box of tshirts back in the day.ilove to cut and spiltwood and it will pay bills this winter.good excuse to buy a timber wolf spilter,those things are pretty cool.

Five cords should last a couple of weekends ,plus i get wood from removals also.I burn 5 cords a winter my self.If i was doing it full time it would take acouple of days.

What kind of spiltter do have bottlefed

I thought you meant splitting and selling the 5 cords would take you all winter. I have a cheapy yardmachines splitter, but the oak we've been cutting has been down almost a year, and the big pieces are just as easy to split by hand. I can usually cut split and load about 3 cords a day by myself, if I have help we just get done earlier, but that's about all we put on the truck.

The price,is a regional thing.Here in northern Ohio,it's $55 to $60 a pick up load .Not much,when you consider I was getting $40 to $45,20 years ago,locally.The same,would fetch about $100,in Columbus,90 miles from here,at that time.

Might need to charge 200.00 for good wood.Good article,the temps are staying around seventy .Kind of strange for Jan.

we get $145 for a cord of softwood, $165 for a cord of mixed wood, and $185 for a cord of hardwood. Our hardwood is generally black locust.

Latest posts

Back