firing up

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

balaban9331

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
finished my 090 today and i need some advice.read the manual for the carb settings,etc,got the timing correct,and was just wondering if their was some sort of procedure i should follow before i let her rip??also,one other question;if i pump the manual oiler while the saw is off,should oil be coming out?how much oil should be going to the crankcase?thanks,robert.

the only oil that should be going in your crank case is the oil mixed with your fuel. the pump is just for the bar oil. pull the bar and pump the oiler till you see some oil come out. put the bar back on, put good mix in the fuel tank and fire up. i run 40:1 stihl mix in my ported 070. you will also want to run only prem fuel. let it warm up a bit before doing any heavy cutting or revving. at least 30 seconds to a minute.

ben,i automatically assumed that some oil was going to the crank because i saw a tube from the oil case to the crankcase.i'm going to assume again this is for air.thanks for the input.by the way,i fired it up and it started good.while it was running,i noticed bar oil coming out.also when i pumped the manual oiler,i got more oil.i guess she had to work herself in.remember that this saw was in peices.down to the last nut and bolt.robert.

Back