First brand new saw and first Husky

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stew7

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I've only ever bought used Stihls and have had good experiences with all of them. I sold my 440 last year since I just wasn't using it enough but lately I've had a few opportunities for some free storm damage trees and felt like it would be helpful to have a bigger saw again.

I've never had a brand-spanking-new saw, only clean used ones, so I thought it would be a good opportunity to buy a brand new one and give a Husky a shot at the same time.

I went with a 365xt because it seemed like one of the better values as far as 70cc saws go and I wasn't ready to up the budget for a new 372 or a 440/441. It seems the 365xt can be nearly as strong as a 372 so I thought I'd try it out.

The first day out she seemed real strong so I look forward to breaking her in as I continue to gather my wood for next winter. I haven't seen too many people using these on this site but I know they've been out for a little while so time will tell if it was a good buy.

IMG_1423.JPG

IMG_1422.JPG

IMG_1431.JPG

Ain't nothing like that new saw smell. That is a nice looking saw. Just make sure you feed it enough wood to keep it happy.:smile2:

Let us know how you like it. In this area, they are $200 dollars cheaper than a 372. I have been thinking about getting one and look forward to hearing from someone that has actually used the saw.

Let us know how you like it. In this area, they are $200 dollars cheaper than a 372. I have been thinking about getting one and look forward to hearing from someone that has actually used the saw.

I'll update once I get a few more days of cutting on it. I only have about 2 hours on it right now but I'm very happy with its performance. I've never used a 372 but I felt the extra $200 wasn't going to get me that much better of a saw. I'd rather spend the money on another bar and extra chains.

Nice, very nice! A friend of mine has one that's been rode hard and keeps on cutting. He loves it, ain't had a single problem.
New saw rep. :chainsaw:

I still don't see that saw on the US Husky site. Their website is horrendous.

Thanks all for the kind words. It's always nice getting a brand new piece of equipment. Spike had a thread on this saw a while back which is what originally piqued my interest on this saw.

It is sort of on Husqvarna's website listed as a 365 xp however there's no picture, price, etc.

I've only ever bought used Stihls and have had good experiences with all of them. I sold my 440 last year since I just wasn't using it enough but lately I've had a few opportunities for some free storm damage trees and felt like it would be helpful to have a bigger saw again.

I've never had a brand-spanking-new saw, only clean used ones, so I thought it would be a good opportunity to buy a brand new one and give a Husky a shot at the same time.

I went with a 365xt because it seemed like one of the better values as far as 70cc saws go and I wasn't ready to up the budget for a new 372 or a 440/441. It seems the 365xt can be nearly as strong as a 372 so I thought I'd try it out.

The first day out she seemed real strong so I look forward to breaking her in as I continue to gather my wood for next winter. I haven't seen too many people using these on this site but I know they've been out for a little while so time will tell if it was a good buy.

IMG_1423.JPG

IMG_1422.JPG

IMG_1431.JPG
repped you for a great looking saw! take good care and all you need is a 346xp! can you say:dizzy: CAD?

Latest posts

Back