First climbing removal.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just trying to break the tension....

If I wanted soap opera, I would stay home and eat bon-bons.

Sorry gents, No need for this drama, Bring on the crane pics.
I love to watch 3500 pound tops float away. I think that is what I like so much about the crane work. You have to get it rigged just right.

Its effortless then. Winch it to the chipper, or in my case, drag it with the mini. Ground guys are ready when the next piece is cabling down.

Sell it man, Its still fun to cut them down old school. Its a whole different ballgame when they sail up and away from.

Last edited:
Jesus christ take this CRAP into another thread, you've all just ruined my thread which was going so well!! Get a freaken life and MOVE ON!!! Don't get me pissed off now too.

Riding will make you lazy. But when you have a long day and paying a crane to wait on your fat azz to get the top, you do the math.

While we use a crane and an aerial for removals almost every day, I love the ones I have to climb and rope down.

I wouldn't say it takes more thinking, just a different kind of thinking and since we have only done a few this year that we couldn't get at with the crane, it seems like a new challenge everytime.

(sorry parris if I got off topic)

I just bid my first crane job a few weeks ago. I sat on the estimate 1 whole week and looked at the tree 3 times trying to whittle my price down as low as possible just so I got to ride the pill. Haven't received confirmation from the HO yet but I'm confident she won't go with anyone else and the tree ain't going away. This WILL necessitate a camera. I'll eat the cost personally if need be. You can come watch if you want, nails.

I just bid my first crane job a few weeks ago. I sat on the estimate 1 whole week and looked at the tree 3 times trying to whittle my price down as low as possible just so I got to ride the pill. Haven't received confirmation from the HO yet but I'm confident she won't go with anyone else and the tree ain't going away. This WILL necessitate a camera. I'll eat the cost personally if need be. You can come watch if you want, nails.

Somewhere on here I have posted an article with pictures of the ANSI approved way to "ride the pill".

It would even be feasable to ride with the load in certain situations. (No safe place to stay tie-in to after the limb removed)

I can dig it out if needed. I am not saying I am an expert by any means, but I would be glad to offer any assistance to make a job go smoother.

Be safe,

Fred

They will probably go with Cooks' instead. :monkey:

Back