first fire of the season in MN

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mn woodcutter

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I held out as long as possible but my wife threatened to turn the furnace on so I started the stove! Possibility of snow in the morning!

We turned our heat on two times already in central mn, for our kids. My wife hates cold but she hates energy bills too. We'll see about this snow

It might be a long October this year! If you are able to heat with wood it might not be bad. We do have a real fireplace in our livingroom with a fan but it adds very little btu's, most of the heat goes out the chimney. Very nice to look at and listen to though. I might have to have a fire now

Gotta love Minnesota! The wife had to turn the heat on yesterday also. Mid 40's here in Anoka.

Holding out just to hold out is not a option here. We have snow on the ground this morning, and lows of 28°f tonight and tomorrow night. I had a fire going all night. We made it 4 months without snow on the ground, June, July, August, and September.

1004065553_zps2fa15321.jpg

1004091841_zps5e04c355.jpg

I am from Iowa and need some help pricing wood. I use an outdoor burner and have extra to sell. It is not split but it is cut to chunks for an outdoor burner. What would a 16' x 6.5' x 3' dump trailer be worth delivered within 20 miles. Any thoughts

Cooke, I would check on craigslist to get a good idea of what wood is going for in your area.

Latest posts

Back