First go round the jimmy-do with homemade CSM

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just had an idea that i'm going to put to the test. Why do I even have 2x4's there to set the depth of the cut? it takes a long time to adjust and it is just a waste. All I need is some more nuts and washers! then i can cut slices as thin as the nut and washer. I can adjust the depth without adding and removing tiny 2x4's...and i can be more precise with my cuts!
You can also always throw different thickness boards down on the cut face of the log and mill over the top of these.

Removing the 2x4 for the one cut would be fine. I wouldn't think the all-thread would hold up very well if it was flexing a bunch. I would think you could make a bunch of different size shims out of plywood and such for different situations. I remember Danivan had big wooden knobs on his mill for easy changes.

Removing the 2x4 for the one cut would be fine. I wouldn't think the all-thread would hold up very well if it was flexing a bunch. I would think you could make a bunch of different size shims out of plywood and such for different situations. I remember Danivan had big wooden knobs on his mill for easy changes.
ehh! I'm gonna test it out. maybe i'll use nylock nuts or some lock warshers. wish i could get to it this weekend but cant.

negatory, got busy then got snow...everythings buried under a foot and a half of snow. keeps snowing here too. once it thaws out i have a lot of yellow poplar to mill, but hopefully it'll be did with a woodmizer!

Latest posts

Back