first hemlock,

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Yelton,
Wondering if your helmet is equipped with a chinstrap. (My eyesight ain't what it used to be - and if the pic shows one; my bad) Anyway, if you aren't using one, your helmet is gonna take a tumble or two off your noggin.
yes i have already lost it once lol.. i started using the strap from my goggles to hold it on now.

thanks everyone for the advice:msp_thumbup: im open to criticism for learning purposes so feel free. i have thick skin.:D the tree is a removal even though i suggested raising the crown... more pics later this week!

This is what I see, ya need a proper helmet, when in a bucket, I will sometimes wear one of those, but climbing, ya gotta have a chin strap, you will be distracted ALL THE TIME, trying to keep it on, not looking up as you know it will fall off...big thing, IMO. Safety line, your not tied in properly, even with a steel core, ya need the back up, use it as a tool as well as a life saving advice. Specs, cant tell if you have them on (clear?) This is a biggie 2, one little spec in the eye and your down, if it gets embedded in the tissue, they have to dig it out and sometimes they cant find it, as it does not show on ex-rays, very painful...........believe me! Get those things taken care of and I think youll be inbidnaas! Keep us posted, have fun and BE SAFE!

Looks like someone got "banned" for that.

When cutting limbs that are grown into co-dominant stems, great care must be taken, because sometimes these limbs can be under great tension (like a springpole). Body position in the tree, reaction forces, type of cut(s) and numerous other factors must be taken into consideration. They are not always under tension, but when they are and you're unprepared....... well hopefully the worst you get is a pinched saw.

Yes he did, that a big NONO

You got that right, those thing can be brutal, I barley got into one with my handsaw, the co-dom was being held back by it, so I put myself in a good position, right as I started to cut, it popped on me, co dom sprung inward, bending my handsaw :angry: Had I stayed there, I would have taken it right in the face

Latest posts

Back