First New Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeffrey

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I've been a lurker here for a few years and I finally bought a brand new saw. I had a Mac 110 that I sold 2.5 years ago after we moved to Cleveland thinking I'll get a new saw once I get a new job (moved here for my wife's job.) After a frustrating delay I'm calling it an early Christmas present to myself. It's a 55 Rancher that is brand new except it was missing the chainbrake, bar nuts and outside spike. I just got the parts yesterday and assembled it last night. Now the big question: Do I use it or wrap it up, put it under the tree and hope my wife understands? LOL I sold some of my old darkroom equipment and rock climbing gear to help fund this little extravagance.

do you need to use it before christmas? was money tight when you bought it? (not trying to be nosey, just asking a question) if money wasn't tight, and you sold your stuff to help fund it, and you could use it before, don't put it under the tree, put it to use.

if you want something under the tree, put it there. it's a good looking saw...

Nice looking saw don't see that many around here like that new at least. Everyone here has switched to the 455. Take good care of it and it should last for ever.

Where did the chainbrake go? Was it just missing the flag, or the entire assembly? I say just go for it now. The 55R is a fine saw, and many say better than the 455 that replaced it. Hopefully you got a decent deal on it, as it's been discontinued for a little over a year, and parts were missing. If you sold off some of your own stuff to pay for this, your wife's gotta understand!

That saw looks really nice. Take care of it, and it'll handle it's fair share.

Congrats.

Jeff

fishhuntcutwood said:
Where did the chainbrake go? Was it just missing the flag, or the entire assembly? I say just go for it now. The 55R is a fine saw, and many say better than the 455 that replaced it. Hopefully you got a decent deal on it, as it's been discontinued for a little over a year, and parts were missing. If you sold off some of your own stuff to pay for this, your wife's gotta understand!

That saw looks really nice. Take care of it, and it'll handle it's fair share.

Congrats.

Jeff

I see a chainbrake flag.... :confused: :)

Go to bed before your wife does, and have the saw on the bed where your wife can't miss it. Be sure to get a photo of your wife's face when she sees it.

BTW I'm a marriage counselor, and my rates are quite reasonable.

Seriously, congrats, now go cut some wood! Your neighbors don't need all those trees. Aw ra best!

Jeff, as in FHCW, how's that puppy doing? Getting her trained?

Latest posts

Back