first oldie

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

texx

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
G,day , for the last month or so i have been putting the word around town that i was after any old dead or alive saws
i was just giving up hope and then after reminding a guy again ( for the third time ) that had said he had a few laying about some where he turns up this morning and gives me this old mac and another same model i think in a million bits in a big bag ,

P1010253.jpg

P1010252.jpg

P1010251.jpg

P1010250.jpg

G'day
That may have yellow paint, but it is not a McCulloch. It has what looks to be the 77cc West Bend motor, there are several makes out there with the same motor. I can't even begin to guess who made it.
It looks like it could be a runner, worth cleaning up and giving it a try.

ah ha i was assuming it was a mac because the guy told me his dad had a few old mac's laying around some where that were about 125cc size and needed pistons and he said if he could find the saws i could have them .
so i just figured this was one of them .
so now i know it aint a mac i am thinking it is what is known here as a "mobilco " maybe.

you could be right on the money there they sure look a lot alike , there are a few small difference's in that pic and my saw but could just be bit earlier or later

It is very close, I'm guessing that there are a hundred different chainsaws that look like this one. Good old McBob, he does have a few chainsaws.
At any rate, you might have enough there to make a running saw.
Best of luck to you.

Last edited:
i have the one in the pic , plus a big bag full of bits which i am told is another of the same saw,
and i have an nu-17 coming that i bought on ebay .
and i am working a deal with an old guy for a lightning he just wants any small working saw as payment for the lightning so i have bought a power mac 310 to swap him waiting on that to arrive then i get the lightning plus a spare crank case and crank shaft i think.
easy deal that one i offered him 250 bucks for the stihl but he said he didnt want money .
anyway whats that add up too 4 saws to date that i have to rebuild and zero spare time at the moment ,

yeah ya got the nu17 off me i think, i got to many to deal with not enough time. would give me left nut for a lightning thats one saw i want in my collection. and you best be carefull randy lol you be aussie soon ol mate

porky if it was you i bought the nu from who got the good deal me or you .
was wondering why you had to list it twice to sell it .
is there not much interest in pioneer in oz

yeah not sure tex i was a bit shocked that it took 2 lists to sell considering it runs and is pretty much complete, one thing i can say is its bloody loud! nice old saw but i got a 450 plus a 600 and a solo rex to tidy so one had to go. i sold the nu for what it cost me so we both about even i reckon. except that i got all the bloody wasps out of it for ya. and they werent happy after being sent from victoria!

thanks on the wasps bit
paper wasps will go out of there way to give me a jab for some reason.
on the saw the louder the better , is it kinda like the harley of the saw world.
i dont have any time at the moment well not for a few months anyway ,
by the start of winter i should get a bit of time or when it rains and i cant work outside got a pumpkin crop in at the moment ( 15 acres )thats taking up all my spare time between other jobs ( work on a lucerne farm too and own a little shop that the wife runs )and i have a motor half built in my old van to finish and i promised to make some wooden toys for my grandaughter and and and and when are we going to metric time 30 hours in a day 10 days in a week

haha you seem to have as many projects as i do, the saw has a real crack to it at high revs that makes my ears ring, and the carb screws are right above the muffler so if ya give it a bit of a tweak its right in ya ear. its louder than my mates mac 125 super.

by the way it can not be a case of CAD because the doc has me on anti-biotic tablets at the moment

Wanna bet? It's a virus not an infection, antibiotics don't work. Highly virulent and no known cure. Ya just got to ride it out.

may of just scored again ,
there is another old guy in town the guy i bought this building from actually .
anyway he is in his 80s now but he was the local machinery dealer here for many many years and he was the agent for lister , dolmar , stihl , southern cross and a few others and his hobby after he retired was doing up old stationary engines , cut a long story short i just asked him a few munutes ago if he had any mobilco parts and he said no but he has quite a few wrecked saws and saws in bits in his shed and he will dig them all out and bring them round for me.
cant wait to see what he digs up .:greenchainsaw::greenchainsaw:
feels better than xmas ( i hate xmas though )

Back