first saw in months

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice find...long saw dry spell here too. Hell, my local honey hole pawn shop has even been out of Coleman lanterns forever which is really odd. I guess I have to start hitting the flea's but every time I see a decent saw at one it's next to a placard that has the current ounce Gold price on it.

well went and did that trimming job this morn,,,,, this thing cuts faster then my ms170 and it started on 2 pulls cold and ran like a champ,,,,, great little saw,, its a keeper

Nice find Scott. I just got one as well that had bar oil in the fuel tank and the liquidator advertised it was impossible to start. I got it for $65 plus shipping. Waiting on the carb kit. I am interested in the details on getting the cat out of the muffler.

i cut the muffler hole with a dremel and cutting wheel,,,, it is indented so it was hard to make a clean cut,,, it is ok,, no one will see it:),,,,,,,, now for the cat,,,, take a drill and drill a few holes around the out edges of it,, take a screw driver and pop it out,,,, then i take the biggest drill bit it have that will fit and use the edge of it to grind the rest of it out,,,,,,,,,,,, yes jake it was sharpened,,,, but it does help to put it back on the right way

once the mufflers are cleaned out and the carb is adjusted they are great saws. meh i know they come with crap chains stock but with a decent chain they are pretty good.

well after putting a good chain on it and chunking the original echo safety chain out the door its a good cutter,,, i have run a couple of tanks through it already,,, 1 of the good things about it is that it will sure oil the chain good,,, going to set the oiler adjustment back,,, every time i started it cold it only took 2 pulls to get it running,,,, i just hate when they start that easy,,, also i have done several small jobs with it so it has paid for itself,, not a bad little saw

I have just completed the muffler mod on this saw and it was a significant improvement to the way starts and runs. The perfect saw for small pruning jobs around my property that is covered with trees. although I have not changed the OEM chain yet,that is next on the list.

Latest posts

Back