First time showing up on a job that the homeowner messed up.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goose IBEW

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
You wouldn't believe it if you didn't see it for yourself.:eek2::laugh: My landlord decided to get a helping hand and remove some dead trees off of one of his rental properties. Guess who gets a call to come and fix the mess???? I showed up to see the tree leaning 270 degrees away from the intended fall zone, up against another tree that is keeping it from rolling onto a shed. They tied string on the tree to pull on and it snapped. I mean like 1/8 inch old as$ twine. The guy cut through most of the hinge material so the tree twisted on the stump and caught the saw real good.

I put a bull line about 20 feet up and used a come a long to cinch it back against the tree that was holding it up. I then climbed into the good tree that was holding the cut one up and cut the outer branches that were putting the shed in imminent danger. The one pic shows this pretty good. This in itself reduced weight and relieved stress that was put on the good tree.

I got out of the tree at this point and took the come a long off. I rigged the tree once again about 7' off of the ground with 7/8 rope, through a block and to a truck. I cut a wedge out of the trunk opposite of the direction of pull and cut all but the hinge material. I put my saw down and tied a small rope to the stuck saw. The truck pulled the rest of the tree down just as anticipated and I pulled the saw to safety as it came free.

Considering the morning started with dead batteries in my truck and a hole in one of my trailer tires, the tree job went very well.

I have two more pics but they're too big for the website to manage.:mad:

445 huh is that the pro version of the 235?

Or the tractor supply version of the 440?

Looks like the hinge is more of a rotating joint.

Ohhh its a reverse sizwheel, I knew I had seen one of those.

Here's the other two pictures. I resized them on my phone and then re-emailed them to myself. I'm definitely not too computer saavy.:msp_ohmy:
If I could only learn how to open them on my post,:laugh:

Of course I charged accordingly. He paid for making a dangerous worksite, that's for sure.

Squad143, I am in the middle of moving from Mays Landing to Leeds point in Galloway Twp. Right now, we're about a half hour from each other I presume, maybe 45min-an hour when I'm settled in Galloway.

262753d1353200581-tree-gone-wrong-2.jpg

263081d1353361400-resize.jpg

263082d1353361401-rsize-2.jpg

kudos

Man that was a dangerous job to come into. Nicely done, kudos to you.

That picture you posted with the stuck Husky's a classic. I'm glad you saved the nice saw :D

Latest posts

Back