Fiskars cheap!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They sure don't stock them at WalMart around here ....... nor the Depot, nor Lowes etc. I had to order mine online or drive 50+ miles one way to find one in stock. You are lucky.

The only Fiskars I've ever seen at any Wally World are scissors and rarely they'll have gardening shears and loppers, but never ever any splitting tools.

I was in Wal Mart today. Fiskars x25 for $19.95. Three of them laying on the shelf. No x27 or any of the other nice Fiskars' products

Harry K

Those would make nice presents for any woodburning friends you might have who don't have a fiskars yet.

I wish they still made the original Super splitter, I have the X27,X25, and the X17, but none of them feel as good as the original. I have not seen them at wal-mart but I have seen them at different farm supply stores.

I wish they still made the original Super splitter, I have the X27,X25, and the X17, but none of them feel as good as the original. I have not seen them at wal-mart but I have seen them at different farm supply stores.

Local Sears is the only place around here I've seen Fiskars and all they have for the larger axes are the old style 28" axes. They all have a nice layer of dust and a $40 or so price tag. Smaller ones they have the X17 and the X7 hatchet, but no X27's. The inventory hasn't changed in several years, nobody has bought any of the old super splitters.

I picked one up about a year ago but opted to return it unopened and got an X27 off Amazon instead. The short handle scared me a bit.

Local Sears is the only place around here I've seen Fiskars and all they have for the larger axes are the old style 28" axes. They all have a nice layer of dust and a $40 or so price tag. Smaller ones they have the X17 and the X7 hatchet, but no X27's. The inventory hasn't changed in several years, nobody has bought any of the old super splitters.

I picked one up about a year ago but opted to return it unopened and got an X27 off Amazon instead. The short handle scared me a bit.

The X27 is good but the 28" was great and light and was alot better balanced then the 25 and 27.

I just checked and my local Walmart has them for $40

Odd. I wonder if the ones I saw had been misplaced on the shelf. I'll check the next time I go over.

Went googling for he Pullman Wal Mart. they show the Fiskars x25 but have "price may vary by store" flag and dont' give a price.

Under "sponsored links" is the deal of the century

X25 - $16 - Each in 5 Pack Bundle or $18.90/ea Ships Same Day w/Lifetime Warranty

URL deleted due to this sites restrictions.

I'm beginning to wonder. At these prices we may be looking at Chinese knock-offs.

Harry K

Last edited:
Odd. I wonder if the ones I saw had been misplaced on the shelf. I'll check the next time I go over.

Went googling for he Pullman Wal Mart. they show the Fiskars x25 but have "price may vary by store" flag and dont' give a price.

Under "sponsored links" is the deal of the century

X25 - $16 - Each in 5 Pack Bundle or $18.90/ea Ships Same Day w/Lifetime Warranty

URL deleted due to this sites restrictions.

I'm beginning to wonder. At these prices we may be looking at Chinese knock-offs.

Harry K

I googled that whole phrase and it comes up with some canon x25 toner on sale.....

Thats certainly a great price. I have both the old models. I would prolly snatch all 3 up for $19 a piece......:msp_smile:

Wow that's an unbelievable price!!

I was a Fiskars dealer when I had my small engine shop open. $19 is lower than my cost was. A small shop can't even compete on service for a line such as Fiskars, there is no service to sell on an axe. When you can buy it at the big box less than the little guy's wholesale cost, item is guaranteed for life, it's a no-brainer.

I even had samples of every axe I sold. I'd loan them out for 24 hours. I actually had customers come back and tell me, "I love this thing. But, I found it for x dollars via mail order, so I'm going to get it from them." :confused2:

Wow that's an unbelievable price!!

I was a Fiskars dealer when I had my small engine shop open. $19 is lower than my cost was. A small shop can't even compete on service for a line such as Fiskars, there is no service to sell on an axe. When you can buy it at the big box less than the little guy's wholesale cost, item is guaranteed for life, it's a no-brainer.

I even had samples of every axe I sold. I'd loan them out for 24 hours. I actually had customers come back and tell me, "I love this thing. But, I found it for x dollars via mail order, so I'm going to get it from them." :confused2:

Scroll back up, two different products. There just happens to be something called canon x25 toner cartridges, it wasn't a fiskars axe at that price.

Anyway, sorry some of your customers are dinks. I pay a buck or three more to buy locally from my dealer whenever I can on most stuff. Not everything, but most stuff. (I am going to make an exception soon to get fuel line in the bulk roll, three bucks a foot is ridiculous)

My fiskars though I ordered from ace hardware and got it delivered to the local store. No place around here carried them back then. So that was a combo order online, but local biz got the sale I guess, however that works for them.

You don't have a small engine shop now? That is what I am working towards myself. Maybe not a get rich deal, but a business that will still be going as the economy collapses more and people really want to keep their old gear fixed.

There are actually zero just chainsaw shops around here, there are mower shops, big box stores, feed stores etc, hardware stores, that carry small engine stuff, but no dedicated saw shop.

I'll get there, keep plugging away at repairs on junkers for training. I *might* start with just chain sharpening first though. That and just buy junkers in the off season, fix and flip at whatever store or shop I wind up with. I can knock out them cheap little mowers now pretty fast. Chainsaws..I am still slow. Getting there, but slow. I get there though, starting to have a little pile of runners. Once I hit around a hundred or so runners that should be enough stock to start with I think.

I had a bicycle store like decades ago, did the same thing, started real small as a hobby, eventually had too many to keep anyplace, rented a little shop.

i went and checked walmart and they had 2 of them. i have never seen them there before. there was no price to be found anywhere. long story short i left it there. they wanted $39.99 if im gonna spend that much ill buy the longer x-27.

Back