Fiskars on clearance at Walmart!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No one else found them marked down on sale? I made a point of going and looking today, no dice, full price. As a consolation prize to me, I grabbed a marked down two pack of LED bulbs, put them in the kitchen/dining room area today. Just not the same as a twenty buck fiskars though..sniff..

No one else found them marked down on sale? I made a point of going and looking today, no dice, full price.
Same here. I also picked up a garden hose and an a.c. unit filter. They weren't on clearance either. But the wife did get some fall mums for $3.98 each.

I found my x27 to be just just marginally better than a standard splitting axe but twice the cost . A big benefit is Being light it doesn't wear you out like heavier units .. And yes mine is sharp

Same here. I also picked up a garden hose and an a.c. unit filter. They weren't on clearance either. But the wife did get some fall mums for $3.98 each.
I didn't know they grew mums in china, wonder how many they can fit in a shipping container.
:laugh:
Looks like a great deal on the axe. I like mine took it in on part of a trade for a 192t so I didn't have to risk anything. Works like a charm in the right wood. I also allowed a teenager to use mine, one missed strike latter and we all heard crack and the head was laying on the ground:(. It's one of those lessons we learn about tools, right tool for the right job. I wouldn't ask a huskee 22 ton splitter to do the same as a timberwolf t-5. That being said I would be a little upset if I payed the same price as the timberwolf for the huskee.
Seems it will be a tool I don't loan out, anyone know how well they do with the warranty.

I didn't know they grew mums in china, wonder how many they can fit in a shipping container.
:laugh:
Looks like a great deal on the axe. I like mine took it in on part of a trade for a 192t so I didn't have to risk anything. Works like a charm in the right wood. I also allowed a teenager to use mine, one missed strike latter and we all heard crack and the head was laying on the ground:(. It's one of those lessons we learn about tools, right tool for the right job. I wouldn't ask a huskee 22 ton splitter to do the same as a timberwolf t-5. That being said I would be a little upset if I payed the same price as the timberwolf for the huskee.
Seems it will be a tool I don't loan out, anyone know how well they do with the warranty.
Fiskars will honor it, they'll ask for a picture of the busted one.

Fiskars will honor it, they'll ask for a picture of the busted one.
Wow, I'll have to call today. Working on 162 tops and a bunch of dead ash. Lot quicker than hauling to the splitter when you bring the splitter to the wood.
Thanks

Update: Called Fiskars today, was drilled about not hammering on the head or hammering with the head(no problem, I didn't). It voids the warranty as it shows a little picture with the "do not do's" on the back side of the cover. After the hard time I was directed to get on the website and fill out the claim form and to take a picture of the whole axe, which I did.
Shortly after it was filled out I received an email telling me they received my form. It also stated they may contact me if needed and if not would promptly send out my new tool and I should receive it in 12-15 business days.
I hope it all goes well and that the do better than 12-15 business days. Lots of ash to split up or I will be behind on my personal wood stash for 2018 lol.
Thanks for the advice zogger and hope this helps someone also.

No one else found them marked down on sale? I made a point of going and looking today, no dice, full price. As a consolation prize to me, I grabbed a marked down two pack of LED bulbs, put them in the kitchen/dining room area today. Just not the same as a twenty buck fiskars though..sniff..

No clearance Fiskas in my BFE WallyWorld...well if u want a hedge clipper or gardening tool. No .22lr either....gotta look

I just came back from my local Walmart. They have one X27 with black handle, several hatchets, and a few others sizes in the middle, but not on the clearance price. I think the big X27 was $45.88. I think I will show them the SKU's in post 1 and see if they honor it.

Good god what a deal. My X27 long handle has been the finest hand tool i own for many years, and has endured dozens of handle hits near the head with zero damage. Anybody who disses the X27 is ****ing retarded in my book.

The axe is amazing! Walmart is what's wrong with every evil corporate greedy empire. Flat out wont shop there!

Good god what a deal. My X27 long handle has been the finest hand tool i own for many years, and has endured dozens of handle hits near the head with zero damage. Anybody who disses the X27 is ****ing retarded in my book.

The axe is amazing! Walmart is what's wrong with every evil corporate greedy empire. Flat out wont shop there!
I have to agree with you on Walmart, they are what's wrong with this country. Oh I almost forgot, fiskars x27 still sucks:dancing: just funning to each his own. I own a couple of Gransfors Bruk's and I got spoiled after using them and haven't split with my fiskars since.

Wow. Do you have something better?
I've never been impressed with it.
I don't like a synthetic handle on any striking tool... but I will admit the Fiskars is better than most.
If the wood is straight-grained, easy to split, and less than 10-12 inch diameter it's fine... but really, near any ax will split that.
The steel ain't all that fantastic quality... too hard and brittle, the edge chips/breaks too easy.
I'd rather swing an 8 pound maul once (maybe twice) to halve a big round than swing the Fiskars 4, 5, 6 or more times... and I ain't gonna' "slab" off the sides, I wanna' bust it in half.

It has it's place... but it ain't no magic tool... it's a $45.00 ax (shrug)

I hear you. I like the X27 because you can swing it all day. I do have a few mauls that I use for different sized and kinds of wood as well.

I never tried a fiskars, All i have used the past 5 yrs is a truper 8 lb splitting maul does a nice job on everything i cut.

Have been to a couple stores, some are all sold out. Some are $5-10 off regular price. Best I saw was in the upper $20 range for the older splitter, or $55 for the new long handle splitter

The new axe, and my new bars, thanks Josh ( four paws).
Also the directions, never never never hit the head lol. 20151007_151359.jpg 20151007_151615.jpg
Wow, I'll have to call today. Working on 162 tops and a bunch of dead ash. Lot quicker than hauling to the splitter when you bring the splitter to the wood.
Thanks

Update: Called Fiskars today, was drilled about not hammering on the head or hammering with the head(no problem, I didn't). It voids the warranty as it shows a little picture with the "do not do's" on the back side of the cover. After the hard time I was directed to get on the website and fill out the claim form and to take a picture of the whole axe, which I did.
Shortly after it was filled out I received an email telling me they received my form. It also stated they may contact me if needed and if not would promptly send out my new tool and I should receive it in 12-15 business days.
I hope it all goes well and that the do better than 12-15 business days. Lots of ash to split up or I will be behind on my personal wood stash for 2018 lol.
Thanks for the advice zogger and hope this helps someone also.

Update: just got my new splitting axe thanks to zogger and Fiskars.
I had sent the picture and filled out the form on their website on Thursday at 4:50 and I received my new on today at 2:00.
I'm very pleased with the turnaround especially after the initial email said 12-15 business days and it has only been 7 days total:).

Back