Fiskars out of stock.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cat10ken

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I just got an email from Amazon.com that my order for the 36" super split maul has been cancelled. They are out of stock and don't know when they will be resupplied.

This is after a two week wait for an order through Tru-Value only to receive a 28" because of their mistake at the main warehouse. I didn't accept it because I already have one.

I have been to Sears, Walmart, Tractor Supply, Farm & Fleet and Ace and no one has any in stock and some have never heard of the 36" model.

I have been to Sauk City Wis. where there is a Fiskar's factory and the stores don't have them there either.

I do most of my wood cutting in the winter anyway so maybe in 8 months I will have found one. Wish me luck.

Fiskars Splitting maul

I just called Ace Hardware Direct who is handling my order from Amazon.com and he said they now have several hundred of the Fiskars X27 36" Super Splitting Axes. However, you may want to try Bailey's. It's about 5 bucks cheaper

This cracks me up. Not that it is not a cool piece of equipment but the news of backorder is everywhere. I would bet they have a recall for some reason. I'm not trying to rain on anyones parade but I would get a real splitting axe or maul from Gransfors brux, sorry if that is spelled wrong I'm a wood cutter not an english major! Plastic handles might hold up for a while but I would have wood and iron, can't argue with several hundred years of technology.:wink2:

Glad I got mine when I did... one day after having hernia surgery. Should be able to use it soon, though.

If I had to guess, it's probably the pains of getting a new product into the market. They may have limited the initial mfg. run until they got a feel for the demand (there are already plenty of 28" models already in consumers' hands). It's also being carried in stores that the 28" model never had been.

As for that composite handle and it's lifetime warranty:

Fssa.jpg

I have the tractor. Anybody want to send me their Gransfors for testing?

If I had to guess, it's probably the pains of getting a new product into the market. They may have limited the initial mfg. run until they got a feel for the demand (there are already plenty of 28" models already in consumers' hands). It's also being carried in stores that the 28" model never had been.

As for that composite handle and it's lifetime warranty:

Fssa.jpg

I have the tractor. Anybody want to send me their Gransfors for testing?

Did you take that photo? It looks familiar!

This cracks me up. Plastic handles might hold up for a while but I would have wood and iron, can't argue with several hundred years of technology.:wink2:

This type of though process cracks me up. Kind of like when they started putting plastics skis on snowmobiles and everyone wondered why they would do that since the metal skis had been working fine for 30 years. Now the thought of metal skis on a snowmobile is funny.

Submitted my backorder from Bailey's for one just now...:msp_biggrin: along with some other supplies that is...

I'm not trying to rain on anyones parade but I would get a real splitting axe or maul from Gransfors brux, Plastic handles might hold up for a while but I would have wood and iron, can't argue with several hundred years of technology.:wink2:

define "real" ? are we real? is this website real?
u called it "plastic"- :laugh:
wood , iron and technology dont belong in the same sentence together, clearly you dont understand the meaning of the word technology, sorry but you got it backwards
:laugh:

I'm looking for one too. Anyone know what Bailey's expects for a leadtime?

We use only free wood and that makes straight grain oak hard to get. So the last of my worries is the Fiscars plastic handle. I just wish it would split wood, very disappointed. More hype than performance. Does hold a nice edge we use for cutting strings when using a real log splitter.

Got my x27 yesterday... Baileys said it was to ship on the 15th... I was so excited... Recovering from gallbladder surgery since Monday but I still took it outside and with just barely a swing split some fresh cut ash with ease... impressed...:rock:

My x27 arrived today. I had to give it a try of course. Overall impression is pretty good. Some of the wood I've been cutting up split with a nice line. Other wood was resistant to it, it was kind of stringy and I had to pull it apart after. This wood was all on the ground almost 2 years though.

X27's are in stock at amazon again with free shipping. I used all my gift cards to order one... almost free!

I did the same thing a couple months ago. My nephews gave me a couple $25 Best Buy gift cards for Christmas, but they didn't realize I wasn't into video games like they are. I used one of those gift card exchange services to get Amazon credit and got my X27 with that. The irony is that at some point I plan to have them use it to split firewood--the same kids whose parents worry that they play too many video games!

Latest posts

Back