Flipped the tractor.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tried skidding with the backhoe once ..........won't do that again ............

Excavators don't work much better. Small logs are fine but anything even remotely sizable gets tippy.

WP_20131228_12_06_12_Pro_zpsa38487ff.jpg

Those are cute lil guys ,looks like they move logs ok for their size

Those belong to my friend as part of his landscaping business. Occasionally he gets larger tree jobs... He was pulling some trees out of his property to finish off some loads destined for containers overseas. I cut and he runs the equipment.

I have been amazed at what the Kubota 245DT will skid. 20' @ 16"-28" dia. fresh felled cottonwood on flat ground. I am not much of a risk taker when it comes to life, maiming, or destruction of property.

Thanks for the advice. Next time I see somebody trying to skid real logs with a rig that's basically one step above a riding lawnmower and totally unsuited for the job at hand and being driven by an amateur with more ambition than good sense I'll remember your words of caution. :rolleyes:
Sounds like Gologit has never been around a farm. Many farmers and farmkids have gotten killed over the years flipping their tractor, even with the big tractors. But an arrogant fool like you wouldn't know that.
Philip Wheelock has posted a very good reminder to be careful operating a tractor.

If you were on my crew I'd fire you. You are a danger to yourself and everyone around you. If you actually had the experience you claim to have, you would know better than to make fun of someone for posting a serious safety issue.

Sounds like Gologit has never been around a farm. Many farmers and farmkids have gotten killed over the years flipping their tractor, even with the big tractors. But an arrogant fool like you wouldn't know that.
Philip Wheelock has posted a very good reminder to be careful operating a tractor.

If you were on my crew I'd fire you. You are a danger to yourself and everyone around you. If you actually had the experience you claim to have, you would know better than to make fun of someone for posting a serious safety issue.

Ummmm, this isn't a farming forum. Note the words Forestry and Logging. Plus, if you really were interested in safety, you'd have a piece of equipment designed for the job...a skidder of some kind, with cab or cage as required.

Oh, and I've been around Gologit whilst working at GTGs. He's genuine, safe and on my Safe To Be Near Whilst Cutting list I carry in my head. He isn't a (spit on ground)......Farmer Logger.

Latest posts

Back