Flyers and Brochures!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nickrosis

Manned by Boderators
Reaction score
I don't mean this as shameless self-promotion. Nevermind, it is.

In all seriousness, this is what I've been working on this week. It took me a full day to design this brochure and flyer and a half day to set up the color laser printer and experiment with different types of paper and such. In a nut shell: I love doing this stuff!

I'm looking for feedback on making them better, though. Corrections, criticisms, harsh jabs at my own personal credibility, I can handle it. I mean, I dealt with Rocky... So whatever your thoughts are.

Also, I'm just providing this for anyone else who's looking for ideas. Don't go and put your name on my stuff! I don't think it's that good. But maybe you can incorporate some of it. Finally, I'd be curious to see what you use for promotional materials - so please post!

PDF files are attached.

z23037266.gif

z23037292.gif

z23037313.gif

z23037339.gif

Last edited:
Well, my antivirus program is always updated and running, but they are behaving strangely.

In any case, I removed the links and uploaded them as attachments. =)

DAYM Nick! Lookin good!

The only thing I saw was the clip art where you talk about tree trimming in the winter... the tree looks like it has been topped, point being it could be a negative connotation the clients educated in proper tree care, and could present the wrong ideas to potential customers/clients.

As to your personal credibility, your a man WHORE!

PS: How are you with websites? :)

Lumberjack said:
DAYM Nick! Lookin good!
And that's with my clothes on! Check out my latest Facebook photo albums. Here, here, and here (okay and here). =)

Lumberjack said:
The only thing I saw was the clip art
That ain't no clip art! I personally manufactured that garbage on Wednesday. Originally, I had a large graphic that showed a before and after.

attachment.php

So without that point of reference, I guess it does look a little topped. But then again, you do see stick trees elsewhere in graphics - it's more or less an impressionist or reductionist (hehe) sort of art. Modern all the way. Especially modern since I made it in Illustrator CS but a classic sort of modern since I didn't use Illustrator CS2.

Lumberjack said:
PS: How are you with websites?
You know I'm good like that. I started a web design company. Keyword: started. Our company website needs a serious overhaul which will happen this weekend instead of homework, and you can tell me what you think then. :) Why? Gotta job for me? Give me 24 hours, and I'll have a website that will blow the competition of the water. Promise. :)

Here's my latest work:

I will give you a call tonight, hopefully. Right now I gotta work to pay the bills but I want a "modern" as opposed to a conventional website. Quite similar to your productions!

www.rtssllc.com

We had a local designer setup the site, we havent edited it in forever! Needs a deff overhaul.

Talk to ya soon!

question

Are you guys really that diversified? If so, do you sub. out some of the work or is it all of done by employees of Crawford Tree and Landscape ? Or did you just design the brochur.
Either way , It looks really cool . Nice Job! Dark

It sounds funny, but the only thing we subcontract is our tree work. We have a tree crew or two or three every day, but we work with a former employee on a subcontractor basis periodically.

Besides that, we don't. We'll refer contractors for the exterior work we don't do instead of being in a primary contractor kind of position. For all the services we provide, our system is of hiring people who are experts in their field and have them oversee their part of the business. For landscape installation, we have someone who speaks four languages and has a lifetime of experience to oversee our bilingual crews. For tree work, it's a certified arborist with a degree in arboriculture. For plant health care, it's a different certified arborist with a degree in urban forestry.

Knowing that we can't be experts in everything, our focus is limited to certain kinds of customers who want us to be their goto "landscape care provider" with the ability to send qualified people for each service we're providing. That's the theory anyways! People seem very happy with it, and we are putting extra attention this year to finding people with experience and training, particularly in landscape maintenance where the people we have are still to developing their basic plant ID and care skills.

darkstar said:
So i see you do the tree work cool . You also like to spelunk? We got alot of that in tennessee. Dark

Yeah, I was blackwater tubing in New Zealand a couple weeks ago. :) It was fun. Next time I'm in TN (it's been a couple months), I'll have to check it out!

Awesome

When you come this way gimme a shout . I mostly go rockclimbing however .
That is incredible . Some company .Awesome. Dark

Nice work Nick ,funny I or should say me and the wife sent out a flyer or two yesterday,my flyer was somewhat inferior to yours but not bad for a couple of technophobes,this was my first batch of the year I emphasised on pictures this time around as I think to much writing bores folk.

Looks excellent.

I've just used one side B & W for a while, with decent results. Most of our work other than referral comes from flyers - more than from paper display ads.

My cost is about 2.5 cents per page / flyer.

Have you figured out how much it will cost to print yours?

Two - what program did you use?

Great job.

You da man Nick. I read through it expecting to find at least some grammar to critique, but nothing worth a peep.

So you inject oaks in Oconomowoc? Nice town, my old stompin grounds. I'll bet you outcompete Maas's company!

Tell me when this gets annoying...

Thanks for all the feedback! It feels good. :blush: Mike Maas and I are in pretty different areas, really, but there is some overlap. He has far better videos than I do!

Thanks Spidey and Wesley, it was good meeting you too!

Here's today's project. My dad attended a seminar this past week and came back with a list of topics he wanted me to cover in this, so I just plowed through precipitation records and made a highlights list. The Plant Health Care Updates go waaay back. My first one goes back to 1996. Wanna sample? Why not...

Nick Crawford - 1996
attachment.php

2006 - Still Learning! (click for PDF)

I just realized that for the past 2 hours, I've been listening to the same 8 Green Day songs over and over again.

Last edited:
Back