For your viewing pleasure: splitter build picts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bert0168

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Can't say this one was created out of boredom. 1st phase of my used splitter rebuild.

Rep to Blazin for the photos he posted of his table.

Here is my version.......

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Looks good! :clap: Make sure you put a nylon lock nut on that hinge bolt, only took me two times to do that :laugh:

Looks good! :clap: Make sure you put a nylon lock nut on that hinge bolt, only took me two times to do that :laugh:

Already on there, you can see it sittin on the beam in the hinge picture

I learned that as well with bolt hinge pins.

I still need to put the flat steel "wings" on the outer pipe, I didn't have any steel for that laying around.

Already on there, you can see it sittin on the beam in the hinge picture

I learned that as well with bolt hinge pins.

I still need to put the flat steel "wings" on the outer pipe, I didn't have any steel for that laying around.

Yup, now I see it. You'll be happy with the table, it sure is nice just to slide a chunk back and resplit instead of picking it up off the ground :msp_thumbup:

Yup, now I see it. You'll be happy with the table, it sure is nice just to slide a chunk back and resplit instead of picking it up off the ground :msp_thumbup:

Man your not kidding, went out and split with it for about 45 min yesterday after I finished it and couldn't be more pleased.

No more putting the bigger pieces down to to only have to pick them up later to resplit and the table holds about half a wheelbarrow load before I have to clean it off.

I did lose a few pieces off the side but I intend to put those angled wings on it when I get the steel for it.

Thanks again for the good pictures of your setup. Had it pinned up in the shop as I built mine for reference. :bowdown:

Man your not kidding, went out and split with it for about 45 min yesterday after I finished it and couldn't be more pleased.

No more putting the bigger pieces down to to only have to pick them up later to resplit and the table holds about half a wheelbarrow load before I have to clean it off.

I did lose a few pieces off the side but I intend to put those angled wings on it when I get the steel for it.

Thanks again for the good pictures of your setup. Had it pinned up in the shop as I built mine for reference. :bowdown:

Good deal! :cheers:

So much for the splitter. What I'm impressed with is the gadget you made for the hitch ball. I like the crap out of that. I gotta have one. I gotta have one. Yes I do. That is as slick as goose poop.

So much for the splitter. What I'm impressed with is the gadget you made for the hitch ball. I like the crap out of that. I gotta have one. I gotta have one. Yes I do. That is as slick as goose poop.

LOL, I got tired of havin to flip the dang drawbar over and how it would pivot without a brace.

Saw how some of the ones looked like that a person could buy and figured I could make it easy enough.

Now, anyone care to guess what the tractor is from the 3 point?

Hint: think red and the hitch is a Fast Hitch

me too. great idea:rock:

Back