Tell me your dream splitting or processing equipment

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 188535

Chainsaw-wielding middle-schooler
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to know what your opinions are on splitters and processors and what you want to use.

Personally, I use a Stihl Pro Splitting Maul and an MS 261 C-M because I can't afford the equipment I want.

My dream setup for splitters is either one of these Eastonmades:

The ULTRA:
https://www.eastonmadewoodsplitters...age=Eastonmade-ULTRA-Wood-Splitter-p297621141

The 5-11:
https://www.eastonmadewoodsplitters...page=Eastonmade-5-11-Wood-Splitter-p297621138

My dream PROCCESOR is this Finnish-made Japa 315:
https://japa.fi/en/product/japa-315/

Please share your dream machines.

My dream is to have someone do it for me and possibly load the stove every 10-16 hours as needed.

That dream also includes no charge for any of it.

Then I can focus on what is REALLY important. Opening the windows in the hose because it is to hot.

In reality. I just want more time to split by maul/axe. I really enjoy it. 6-7 cord a year. This year im 7 cord in and stopped during the hot summer months. Ill do another 6-7 before the year is over once the temps go back down. Trying to get caught up…..ya know that “time” thing..? Had to find it.

I envy those folks that like to split using a axe or maul, I wore my shoulder and back out years ago swinging a tenspeed on the railroad and It just plain hurts me to chop wood by hand. I built my first hydraulic wood splitter back in the 1980's. Sold it when I built a total electric house in the early 90's. Sold that house and went to a house with a chimney, so I built another hydraulic splitter. I did rent a splitter a couple of season before I got the current one built. My suggestion to you just starting out is rent a splitter to start with. That will give you some ideal as to what you actually need to process the wood you will be selling. You can cut tons of wood and have it staged ready to split and split a lot of wood in a day or two. After a couple of season, and for a cost of only a few hundred dollars, you will know what you need, and go out and purchase it. Remembering that if cared for a good splitter will last many years. My current one is around 20years old and will work you to death to keep it fed.

Grain elevator to move the splits away from the end of the splitter!

Brother in-law showed me that trick, love it!

I’ve seen guys use a tread too, it send them flying away.

My dream is to have someone do it for me and possibly load the stove every 10-16 hours as needed.

That dream also includes no charge for any of it.

Then I can focus on what is REALLY important. Opening the windows in the hose because it is to hot.

In reality. I just want more time to split by maul/axe. I really enjoy it. 6-7 cord a year. This year im 7 cord in and stopped during the hot summer months. Ill do another 6-7 before the year is over once the temps go back down. Trying to get caught up…..ya know that “time” thing..? Had to find it.
I do 100% of the work.
I split by hand.
I load the Central Boiler maybe twice a day but mostly one.
I can open my windows anytime I want

I made this out of scrap in the yard in 2020 and it is still going strong
I can take a large log from the woods and split it into firewood without any lifting or bending which is helpful when you reach three score years and ten

Latest posts

Back