ford or chevy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, I thought the stihl vs husky threads were nasty. :) Getting rid of my 01 Ram 1500. Water pump let go at 52k and tranny slipped up at 55k. Over 1k in repairs in last 2 months tell me its time to move on. Looking at a chevy 3/4 ton, figured it has enough pull for the grinder and occasional load of logs/brush. Can't say I dislike fords, but the prices are kinda steep. I think the older ones were made better without the electronics and those 300 straight 6 were great motors. Wish they would bring them back in a new model.

Yeah, our next 15 payments on the new chip truck will be replacing the repair quote on the last chip truck. :D

in the 1 ton category imo japaneses trucks are way better than fords etc, i personaly don't think you'll ever beat a toyota hi-lux or nissan navarra ,or isuzu rodeo like aussie was on about ..european fords are with out doubt the last choice on my list do you know the best selling truck world wide the ford f150 was never marketed in the uk :mad: if it had i would have tried one

Rolla.
What is the US version of the Nissan Navarra? The Hi-Lux is the pickup, right?

maybe nissan D22 :confused:..yep hi-lux small pick-up either 4x4 or 4x2 much favoured by the TALIBAN :)

Rolla,
The Navarra is a Frontier over here. I have one of those. It's a good little pickup.

Originally posted by ROLLACOSTA
do you know the best selling truck world wide the ford f150 was never marketed in the uk :mad: if it had i would have tried one
I was looking for pickup trucks for 6 weeks in Europe. I found a dealership that sold some compact pickups that didn't look much like US pickups.

And I saw 2 F-250s in France. At the US Embassy. :eek: :D

They didn't think it was funny. There were a bunch of French people protesting with a white flag....er...maybe they were surrendering.

France f250

Well if they did or didn't have a whiteflag, but had a dodge, you know they would
have needed help.
Take care,
Brad

Not a Dodge in sight on that continent. And the Chevys running around have Opel nameplates on them. We'll see how long Opel sticks around....

But then again, what is a Dodge? There are plenty of Daimler-Benz products rolling around out there. I've got a picture of an intersection where all but one of the cars in the whole pic are Mercedes. The other was a BMW. Welcome to Stuttgart!

Latest posts

Back