Forum Update - Love it or Hate it .....??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well ....??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think this is what everyone was thinking this AM when they signed on to AS...... :D

1027_2587_500.jpg

On my droid x theres no black edges or wasted space and its just as easy to read. Blackberries are sooooo 2000!

this bright white back ground is bothering my eyes to look at it. after a few min. Ive got to go to another site to get my eyes reajusted. the other colors were alot better for me. Rick!

All you sour sods. :taped::angry: A little change is made and you all forget why we're here.

It's all of a sudden not about chainsaws anymore. It's all about how the site looks now?! Why do you all whine so much?? The hobby for saws and cutting wood went right out the door as soon as the user interface changed. Why does it matter so much about what the site looks like?

If the change meant we couldn't talk about chainsaws anymore I could understand all of the crying. But just because everyone's precious little outdated AS interface changed is why there's so much whining.

Sheesh. Eric Copsey is back to AS and as a sponsor as well - no thread has gotten ugly or exploded yet but you guys won't shutup about this - what's up with that?! I hear no mumbo jumbo about Eric but when it comes to the sites changes you guys need to change your diapers ever time a post is made. What gives?? You guys are starting to scare me now.

I guess as long as you guys are pi$$ed off about something that's all that matters. The subject though of what you guys pi$$ and moan about is no longer important anymore. C'mon guys, have a little self respect and have a real reason to be P O'd. :rolleyes:

Chucker, maybe there lives are all SOOO good that this is the worst thing in there world. Me I could care less as long as I can still ask questions about my saws. We will all be used to it in a week anyway. And one last thing, your buddy eric did a fine job on your dolmar. I hope that one day i can have a saw rip like that thing!!

All of the above.

Hurts my eyes.

Hard to read.

Narrow on screen (Mac 10.4 with Safari, 'Control +' doesn't do anything).

Page numbers bunch up at bottom of screen (e.g. pages in a thread 1, 2, 3, . . . overlap).

'Used to be about chainsaws. . . but I can't read about chainsaws if I can't read the posts.

We also need an orientation where to find things we used to use, or at least a 'tour' of the new features to take advantage of them.

Remember - a lot of us are old farts with old fart eyesight. A bunch of us are colorblind - what looks 'woodsy' to some, looks chartreuse to others.

Philbert

Hey woodchucker,,YOU started the poll,so dont get pissy about the responses ! it sucks,everybody knows it sucks,even YOU know it sucks..if this is the best you can do to get attention maybe you should get a new life and contribute more than sarcasm..
how about YOU pay to be here and support the site as a sponsor and see so many people unhappy with a site you spend CASH to support.. oh,sorry,you suck it up for free and wail about others giving thier opinion..
how many post's has it been that YOU have contributed ANYTHING positive to the forum besides a poor joke ?? lets seee, just click on the name and see post;s,,,,hhhmmm,,only going back about a year and nothing chainsaw related ?? hhmmm..
some good quotes available tho :)

Here's where you're all full of ####. When you say that black on white background is hurting your eyes, you lose all credibility. Ever read a newspaper? A book? A magazine? What color is that text?

The site is fine. If you hate it so much, do us all a favor, shut the hell up, and go bug someone else.

Hey woodchucker,,YOU started the poll,so dont get pissy about the responses ! it sucks,everybody knows it sucks,even YOU know it sucks..if this is the best you can do to get attention maybe you should get a new life and contribute more than sarcasm..
how about YOU pay to be here and support the site as a sponsor and see so many people unhappy with a site you spend CASH to support.. oh,sorry,you suck it up for free and wail about others giving thier opinion..
how many post's has it been that YOU have contributed ANYTHING positive to the forum besides a poor joke ?? lets seee, just click on the name and see post;s,,,,hhhmmm,,only going back about a year and nothing chainsaw related ?? hhmmm..
some good quotes available tho :)

Nah, I rather like the change very much. :D

Hit a soft spot did I??

I swear, I hear more #####ing about colors here than I do working the paint desk on a day when 50 women with pms decide to pain their living room! :hmm3grin2orange:

I swear, I hear more #####ing about colors here than I do working the paint desk on a day when 50 women with pms decide to pain their living room! :hmm3grin2orange:

Well space when it's THAT time of the month of course they are in pain !!
and i'm SURE they also help you keep up on whats new with the box store chainsaws..
ANOTHER contribution from somebody in the know :)

You start a thread about pissin and moanin on the change and then you piss n moan about us pissin n moanin!

Looks more sophisticated...and looks like there are things to explore. On the minus side I miss the "user CP" function where I could just go and see whats up quickly with my subscribed posts...less hunting around.

Last edited:
Back