Forum Update - Love it or Hate it .....??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well ....??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The rewards program looks interesting, but I can see that getting totally out of hand,
it will make that rep crap look puny.

BTW, where did all of the rep comment, etc, go off to???

This is the worst page layout I have seen on a forum. Everything is tiny! Bring back the old layout.

The rewards program looks interesting, but I can see that getting totally out of hand,
it will make that rep crap look puny.

BTW, where did all of the rep comment, etc, go off to???

Check out settings at the top right hand corner of the page next to log out.

All you sour sods. :taped::angry: A little change is made and you all forget why we're here.

It's all of a sudden not about chainsaws anymore. It's all about how the site looks now?! Why do you all whine so much?? The hobby for saws and cutting wood went right out the door as soon as the user interface changed. Why does it matter so much about what the site looks like?

If the change meant we couldn't talk about chainsaws anymore I could understand all of the crying. But just because everyone's precious little outdated AS interface changed is why there's so much whining.

Sheesh. Eric Copsey is back to AS and as a sponsor as well - no thread has gotten ugly or exploded yet but you guys won't shutup about this - what's up with that?! I hear no mumbo jumbo about Eric but when it comes to the sites changes you guys need to change your diapers ever time a post is made. What gives?? You guys are starting to scare me now.

I guess as long as you guys are pi$$ed off about something that's all that matters. The subject though of what you guys pi$$ and moan about is no longer important anymore. C'mon guys, have a little self respect and have a real reason to be P O'd. :rolleyes:

I totally despise Google ads of any sort. May have been oin the old site too, but they suck.

The green is too light, the view is too narrow, and can't seem to "Find more posts by user" are things that come to mind initially.

I actually like the lack of Rep B.S. Even though I was getting good rep. it seemed more of a game and caused a loty of unnecessary posts IMHO

I understand it can be a thankless job operating a board and my comments are meant as constructive criticism not complaints.

If they can get the colors worked out so I don't get a headache I'll be happy. Now how do I get woodchucker out of my dizzy? :D

Last edited:
nope, don't like it...yet..

its hard to read, and it doesn't fit teh screen, and i really don't want any pop up ads, let tehm call me at dinner time like everyone else!!!!!!!!!!
however, maybe there are ways to edit it for personal preferences, i haven't got into it to far.....

"Orangutans are skeptical of changes in their cages." per Paul Simon.

So long as the messages come through, who cares? I'm not a graphic artist.

The "stars and bars" stuff under the uid is better, much-shrunken.

At least with FireFox, <Ctrl><Shift>+ enlarges the screen content; "-" instead of "+" shrinks.

The more subtly colored graphics may soothe some troubled souls. :jester:

I find it hard to read. I preferred the old colors and font size.

If the search were fixed I'd be happy, but search is still marginally useful. But if you were to give us back the old search capabilities I'd take any screen shape, size, or color.

Instead of the sponsors at the top of the page, they should put them down the side to fill in the grey area. It would make it easier to navigate on a smart phone too.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-JvtlB_NzI8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-JvtlB_NzI8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
That pretty much sums it up...:ices_rofl:

Upgrade is a retrograde

It's harder to read. pea green color is disagreeable & page won't fit my monitor, have to use horizontal scroll bar, didn't have to before.

I have most everything figured out but the clutter in threads like good mourning thread won't let you click last post!
Has anyone figured out that?

Heck, i like it. I think they are just tryin to help by updating it. As long as I can read and talk about saws, thats all that really matters to me. Im starting to like it.:laugh:

Latest posts

Back