Found a new 066

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FourMoCajuns

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
At a local farm and home shop I found a new 066 for $879. Is this a good price and are there any significant differences between the 066 and the 660?

Last edited:
when i bought an 046 Magnum new in 2001 i think i paid $811 out the door.. that was with a 32" bar and 3/8x.050 full skip chain. not sure what the retail is on an 066, but i cant afford it :)

FourMoCajuns said:
At a local farm and home shop I found a new 066 for $879. Is this a good price and are there any significant differences between the 066 and the 660?

Ahhh you got my amish dealers regular price beat by 10 bucks..... That's right, they go for about 889.95/9 out here. I think it comes with a 20" bar for that price. That is the most common bar size for the loggers around here.

But like others have said, it is about 200 below everywhere else in the US. lol

I haven't ran a new 660, but my 066 was a late 03 model and is the same thing as the new 660. It runs very well. i still like the way my old red light runs, but it is also woods ported. lol.

If you need it, then it is a good price. If you don't need it and don't have the coin for it, it isn't so much of a deal....

-Steve

It is sitting next to the new 660's and if it is not new then I counldn't tell. This place also sells used saws but they are kept in a different spot.
No I don't have a real need for this saw and I won't be buying it but it sure would be nice to outfit it with about a 24" bar and bury her deep.

If anyone is interested in it I can be PM'd for the store number.

Geeze this place is addictive.

I have absolutely no need for a saw that large.

You could even question why I need to own a saw at all - could just as easily rent one.

But man oh man, you guys now got me brainwashed into thinking, "Wow. A NIB 066. That'd be cool..."

What am I doing?!? My wife is gonna make me sleep outside with the dog! And I don't even have a dog! I gotta ween myself away from this place. LOL!

Hack said:

You could even question why I need to own a saw at all - could just as easily rent one.

But man oh man, you guys now got me brainwashed into thinking, "Wow. A NIB 066. That'd be cool..."

What am I doing?!? My wife is gonna make me sleep outside with the dog! And I don't even have a dog! I gotta ween myself away from this place. LOL!

Understand where you are coming from.
Yes a 066 would be the icing on the cake.
Use to own a saw mill now that I am getting back on my feet. from indeptment. I would like to still mill some logs to lumber ( yes it gets in your blood)
My advice to you is and its not good.
But go get a 066, logs, and a dog. and build that dog house for youself the way you want to,Cause your going to need it.
Mike

Hack said:

Sounds like this man needs a dog to keep him company.

Fred

Hack said:

Fear not my fine fellow, man cannot live by woman alone, he must have a saw to call his own. Now go put some carpet in the dog house buddy, your doomed,lolol.

Latest posts

Back