Found a new groundbreaking way to file a chain.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suppose it is worth a try. I think I saw a similar video where they cut the tang off the file and make something to stabilize the other end.

Certainly a file could be designed differently for this application. Using the file in a conventional way would seem to push the shavings out more than this. There are stones, diamond, and likely carbide cutters for the Dremel type 30,000 rpm battery rotary tools.

We've did this year's ago out in the backcountry just to see how it works. Not too bad once you get it down but it can get messed up pretty quick as well

I saw a guy do this where he cut the file into 1inch peices so he could get more sharpinings out of a file. I'm sure I would mess it up soo ima pass.

I suppose it is worth a try. I think I saw a similar video where they cut the tang off the file and make something to stabilize the other end.

Certainly a file could be designed differently for this application. Using the file in a conventional way would seem to push the shavings out more than this. There are stones, diamond, and likely carbide cutters for the Dremel type 30,000 rpm battery rotary tools.
Files are directional. A stone or appropriate size burr is what you need for a rotary tool.

Latest posts

Back