Found some buried treasure in the woods

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good lookin treasure. You got a matching saw for it?

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk

Kinda like husky's fasteners
True. They need a quick go over everytime you use them.

I know a logger who switched from husky to stihl and was amazed that the stihl nut rairly come loose. He had to tighyen husky bolts daily

Oh and not trying to turn this into a husky bashing thread.they are good saws next to the stihl ones lol.

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk

I have found lots of logging equip. in the forest. Lots of cable, a pry bar, a snatch block, heavy duty straps, chains, buckles, box of galvanized nails, etc. No chainsaw yet, but I'm keeping my eyes open.
Most of the woods I go through haven't been logged recently enough to find anything worthwhile. This has been the first non-trash item I have found. I have found a lot of trash, though.

i found a Husky 262 a couple of winters ago sticking out of a snow bank on the Alaska Highway.
I was cruzing along on my way to the big city and seen a orange handle sticking out of the top of the berm on the side of the road,by the time i realized what it might be and stopped i had to back up quite a ways.As i backed past it i could see it was a saw handle.I jumped out and grabbed it,no bar,no ser# plate.It runs but had a hard life as a wood cutters saw.Recoil was held on with wood screws,plastic's broken.
Replaced some of the plastic,helicoiled the recoil holes.It's in the for sale lineup now.

On two old bars that I rejuvenated I've had the sprocket tip explode, and on one it broke the chain. Basically the tip bearing was badly pitted and while it was clean and well lubricated the bearing failed anyway. You can't really see in there to get a look at the bearing surfaces. It's turning a fair rpm at the tip and it just won't hold up with pitting for long. So you might want to replace the tip.

The logging activity around my area is also diminishing. I'd say 1/2 of my found treasures are from county road crews cleaning up and removing winter fallen trees from roads. Then some of it is from absent minded firewood cutters. The logging equipment/stuff is usually to heavy duty for me. The 140 feet of cable I found is 5/8" and incredible heavy. I've only used it once and don't look forward to using it again.

Most of the woods I go through haven't been logged recently enough to find anything worthwhile. This has been the first non-trash item I have found. I have found a lot of trash, though.

Latest posts

Back