Found some buried treasure in the woods

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have never found anything of real value while cutting wood. Some old chains, cables, and a occassional crescent wrench or pair of pliers. back in the Mid 60's I was just a boy helping Dad cut some pulpwood. The area we where cutting in was a old community that the Government had removed all the residents in a un-necessary land grab to build a lake. The time of removal was sometime in the early 1940's.
While cutting wood, Dad found a old Manchester, Belgium Made, double barrel 12ga shotgun. The gun had been propped up against a tree long enough that the stock was almost completely rotten off of it. He took the gun home and placed it in the bottom drawer of the dresser, where it sat for probably 20 years. Sometime in the late 80's he had the gun restored. I got the gun when Dad passed away in 1999. I have never shot the gun, altho dad did shoot some low power shells in it.
shotgun2.jpg shothgun1.jpg

The only thing of note I've ever found while cutting wood is an ox vertebra. By the look it had been sitting in the woods for decades but I have no idea how it got here.

I found part of a buggy, I dragged one of the springs home. Also found a steel rim with wooden spokes, an axe head and a choker cable.

Back