Found this interesting....knockoff alert

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freudianfloyd

Clinically Diagnosed with CAD
Reaction score
I know many are aware of clone chainsaws, but I was not aware of how much effort they are putting into some of them to scam the buyer.

I was researching a Husqvarna 365 I was thinking about picking up, but after looking at this, I don't know that I could tell the difference on a dirty saw without taking plastics off.

https://www.thecounterfeitreport.com/product/360/Husqvarna-365-Chainsaws.html

I wasn't aware they went to the trouble of making serial number tags, and labels. I can see the colors are off, but on a dirty saw that would be hard to tell.

I think it’s more of an exact clone than a fake. They call these Chinese saws junk but they have a following on Facebook. Many happy campers use them. I think the difference in cost is the draw. China is at the level of japan in the 50’s when we grew up with there plastic toys. If we’re watching the prices at huztl / farmtec there prices are climbing. Just wait till China catches up with Japan quality wise then the price wars will begin between the Asian countries.

My ‘99 suzuki 1200 bandit was an awesome bike, so smooth and fast it should be against the law.

That’s how they make the chinese saw kit, fast disassembly. Crush’em.

Even copy the tags,,,,,,,,,,

My company opened a sister company in Mexico the workers there were paid $0.45 cents an hour. Cheap labor, junk products.

I know many are aware of clone chainsaws, but I was not aware of how much effort they are putting into some of them to scam the buyer.

I was researching a Husqvarna 365 I was thinking about picking up, but after looking at this, I don't know that I could tell the difference on a dirty saw without taking plastics off.

https://www.thecounterfeitreport.com/product/360/Husqvarna-365-Chainsaws.html
It is easy to remove tag from OEM 365 and install on a am case. Look at case bolts, they can be a dead giveaway. Am bolts are shinny plating. OEM are black no plating. Look for cast marks, EM, Mahle, H, all over saw.

As much as I use my chainsaw, the Chinese one would probably hold up.
If you look at reviews, it looks like you either get a good one or bad one.
Although I will say Chainsaws are probably the one product where you aren't paying just for the name but truly a better product.

Professionals use professional tools,I'd assume.
Weekend lumberjacks like myself don't see myself buying a knockoff to save a few hundred dollars that when spread out over the lifetime of a chainsaw is just not worth it to me.
I use Husqvarna saws for example and my local Stihl dealer is more than happy to help me or point me in the right direction.
He's also a Walker mower dealer ship and buy all my parts from him.
More expensive?
Yes.
But,by the time I can call him up on a Friday late and he uses my first name and asking how I am and we BS for a minute or two,has the part waiting for me when I get there,the extra expense is worth the money to me.
YMMV

Back