Four stroke chainsaws on the way ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So this thread is now 50% 2 stroke vs 4 stroke chainsaws, and 50% quadtards vs biketards now?

Just checking to make sure i'm on the same page. :)

True, but people still try, remember the KMS-4 Dolmar ?

There are modern equivalents too, although not quick by NA hotsaw standards,
The only thing faster than that saw... are the women I work with (my other job!)

Last edited:
I work at a bar/arcade/restaurant too (i wrench on the arcade games there, )... anywho... your best bet is to catch them at the bar kitty corner to ours after work. They are the reason for "sunday funday"

thats quite a clever deduction you have made sir

now lets see you throw a 400lb quad around the trails all day and tell me how easy it is, "bike tard"

riding a 2 wheeler alone does not give you bragging rights over someone who rides a quad, there are riders and there are riders, most people on dirtbikes are a hazard to themselves and the people around them, but in their minds they are cooler because they are on 2 wheels and none of us "quadtards" can handle 2 wheels.
bet you ride an xr200:cry:

Ha i actually raced Mx, and woods at a novice level. It def. wasnt on a xr200. I can post pictures if you want. Not really calling you a quad tard but when i go to the mx track and just about every knucklehead is trying to wheelie or haul azz thru the pits, tryin to look cool u are one.

I remember when 4 wheelers would try to keep up with us in the woods or even on the track, they couldnt.......

Also please dont talk to me about endurance i ran Cross Country thru highschool and raced 20 mile tracks for 2 hours. Along with many tag team races that were 4 hrs, o ya and plenty of motos. Im sure i could handle a self balanced 4 wheeled machine longer then my dirtbike haha.

Last edited:
Ha i actually raced Mx, and woods at a novice level. It def. wasnt on a xr200. I can post pictures if you want. Not really calling you a quad tard but when i go to the mx track and just about every knucklehead is trying to wheelie or haul azz thru the pits, tryin to look cool u are one.

I remember when 4 wheelers would try to keep up with us in the woods or even on the track, they couldnt.......

Also please dont talk to me about endurance i ran Cross Country thru highschool and raced 20 mile tracks for 2 hours. Along with many tag team races that were 4 hrs, o ya and plenty of motos. Im sure i could handle a self balanced 4 wheeled machine longer then my dirtbike haha.

I am not going to get into any kind of "whose got the bigger ballz" arguments with anyone but...

Who really cares. :)

I ride a 4 wheeler too. But I ride on m,y own property, chasing cattle all day on a 4x4. I think this 4 wheeler vs bike thing is getting rediculous. You should be riding against Lusk and Mcgrath if you're that good, lol.

I'm just goofin with ya. But I do have to say this argument is goofy too.

Just ride what you want to ride. Some guys may ride thier ATV's like idiots, but I've seen some real tards on bikes too. It goes both ways.

Sorry guys, I am just having fun here, not being an arse, so if I am coming off that way I'm sorry.:cheers:

I am not going to get into any kind of "whose got the bigger ballz" arguments with anyone but...

Who really cares. :)

I ride a 4 wheeler too. But I ride on m,y own property, chasing cattle all day on a 4x4. I think this 4 wheeler vs bike thing is getting rediculous. You should be riding against Lusk and Mcgrath if you're that good, lol.

I'm just goofin with ya. But I do have to say this argument is goofy too.

Just ride what you want to ride. Some guys may ride thier ATV's like idiots, but I've seen some real tards on bikes too. It goes both ways.

Sorry guys, I am just having fun here, not being an arse, so if I am coming off that way I'm sorry.:cheers:

Bottom line more tards on quads then bikes, cause they require less skill.
:popcorn:

True, but people still try, remember the KMS-4 Dolmar ?

There are modern equivalents too, although not quick by NA hotsaw standards, I like how this bloke in The Netherlands is thinking outside the square.
You could say a Wankel is a four stroke/two stroke, sorta kinda :D

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4r_mCf7mCNw&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4r_mCf7mCNw&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Good God. Whatever that was, I know I need one. I have some unruly red oak I have been bucking.....

Oh and no 4 stroke small tools. Weedwhackers and potential chainsaws. That thing TDI-Rick posted gets a free pass tho.

I have run my dad's 4 stroke weedwhacker and it seriously sucks balls. Heavier than crap and has no r's.

Last edited:

thank you, for the bottom line
also;keep in mind the quad:bike ratio these days is about 10:1

do you have a problem with all these people taking a liking to "our sport" and buying quads to enjoy them? i dont understand people like you, everyone has to start some where, and for the others, some people are born dumb.. not their fault.. at least they are trying, tard

So this thread is now 50% 2 stroke vs 4 stroke chainsaws, and 50% quadtards vs biketards now?

Just checking to make sure i'm on the same page. :)

2 stroke chainsaw VS 4 stroke chainsaw, 100% 2 stroke saw wins

quadtards VS biketards, if clayy is the biketards spokesperson id say its not looking good for them

It's been my experience thst skill, combined with a little showing off, makes for the worse kind of tard. :cheers:

A tard is a tard. Whatkind of work they do, or passtimes they enjoy do not make them that way. Therefore, whether they ride a quad or a bike does'nt make the tard either.

Bottom line: If you're a tard, you are just a tard, and we're a tard before you jumped onto your bike or quad.:)

Last edited:
All I can say is you guy's are lucky I'm not THE boss. If I were calling ALL the shots there would be no such thing as a quad. Granted I've dealt with plenty of tards on bikes but generally if there is somebody being a moron and a quad it present, the moron is on the quad. Quads take pristine single track and turn it into a banked out super highway of destruction. And once they force their way onto said single track and ruin it they then take to anything that either looks like mud and turn doughnuts, or take off up there nearest hill looking feature and rut it out killing all the vegetation. I HATE quads. They should be ban from public land. There is a definite propensity for morons to ride quads. Look no further than the quads sporting a beer keg strapped to the back for convenience as they spin doughnuts in an inappropriate location. Any retard can ride a quad. That is not the same as calling all quad riders retards, however there is a trend.

I don't race, I only trail ride. I'm not fast, I don't try to be. I ride motorcycle trials for the challenge and the improvement it brings to the rest of my riding.
I've got a kdx200 and a KLX450. They both have the strengths and weaknesses. The bike for tight woods though is the KDX. The 2t is far lighter and more manageable. And when I kill it, it takes nothing to bring life back into it. Good luck with the 450. I dread the day the 450 needs an overhaul. TOO many parts. The KDX wont be much worse than a saw. New piston, maybe a chrome job on the jug and it will be dialed. I dread the day the 2T dies. I want no part of a 4T chain saw.

Back in the day when I worker for the local municipality we ran honduh weed eaters. Those things were awful. They didn't spin fast enough, they weren't powerful enough, and they were WAY heavy. They actually didn't have any redeeming value at all. I guess you could brag that at more than $500 they were the most expensive though. The last thing we need is a chainsaw that is that over priced and anemic. I want no part of that. I don't think we have to run in fear just yet though, the stratto saws seem to please the greeneys at least for now and the bigger outboard manufactures have beat the 4T at its own game with DI 2T's. Claiming better emissions and performance. Long live the two stroke!

Bullittman

honda saw

CIMG1194.jpg

CIMG1193.jpg

<object width="960" height="745"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HYCt0BYtgj0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HYCt0BYtgj0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="960" height="745"></embed></object>

I like hog saws

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/P4Fx5JeWdW8&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/P4Fx5JeWdW8&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Fle2tAjtxFI&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Fle2tAjtxFI&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

Latest posts

Back