Fractal burns

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Caused me to take a google peek. Apparently, like many things I suppose , it can be dangerous.
https://www.woodworkingnetwork.com/...kills-another-and-severely-injures-three-more
you know what I just read? a paper that says its dangerous and that some folks want to restrict others from doing it because its dangerous.... Sounds like most things we do with power tools. except a couple of nervous nancies/karens want to babysit everyone.

and yes I know how dangerous electricity can be. I work around high powered DC all the time. its wickedly more dangerous than AC at the same power levels.

I think a large number of woodworking groups have banned it being entered into competitions. I would say rightly so. It's ridiculously dangerous due to the high voltages involved and the high voltage side of the transformer is a secondary circuit, hence unprotected by the RCD's in your fuse box.

I'm sure that's a major reason why I am attracted to it. I love doing crazydangerousirresponsible things.

Since I see wood art in this forum, I will share my potential "wood art" projects. Looking for ideas to monetize this firewood. I only see these patterns when splitting by hand.

Attachments

• wood art 3.jpg
    wood art 3.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 2
  • wood art 2.jpg
    wood art 2.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 2
  • wood art 1.jpg
    wood art 1.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 2
Since I see wood art in this forum, I will share my potential "wood art" projects. Looking for ideas to monetize this firewood. I only see these patterns when splitting by hand.
I would already consider them to be objet d'art. I see no need to develop them any further. They're already beautiful.

You can try sanding with a sanding sponge as to not flatten the surface but just take the hard edges off. I do this now with bowls after using an adze . It keeps the hand made component of the piece . 9AB53060-8C23-4D39-BDCB-44AF04627AFE.jpeg82E52CE6-C79A-4F70-84D3-75B64EADA925.jpeg

Do you do this free hand?
NO WAY! I connect up the wiring and then move three or four metres back to insert the power plug and flick the switch. When it looks to have achieved a nice look I switch it of and unplug it before going back to have a proper look. That kind of voltage can jump a reasonable distance. Probably only a couple of centimetres, but why take the risk. Insanely, you can buy manufactured set ups were you can hold two insulated probes to apply them where you like.

You can try sanding with a sanding sponge as to not flatten the surface but just take the hard edges off. I do this now with bowls after using an adze . It keeps the hand made component of the piece . View attachment 969419View attachment 969420
Beautiful adze (is that right?). I love the look of hand tools but tend to be too lazy to actually use them. Did you make that yourself?

Please do your homework first. If you have any questions ask. If I can't answer them find someone who can before attempting it.
I have great respect for electricity. I wouldn't attempt it without researching .

Beautiful adze (is that right?). I love the look of hand tools but tend to be too lazy to actually use them. Did you make that yourself?
Yes I forged it from and old leaf spring .

Back