Free chain sharpening day today !

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Free Sharpening

We have done this in the past by offering a free sharpening if you bring in an item for the local food shelf. Great idea to use CL for your offer! May have to try this. (But make sure we have an ample supply of grinder wheels!!)

Or....

We have done this in the past by offering a free sharpening if you bring in an item for the local food shelf. Great idea to use CL for your offer! May have to try this. (But make sure we have an ample supply of grinder wheels!!)

OR.....just get this: :spam: :greenchainsaw:
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PBbHGHZp5SE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PBbHGHZp5SE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

chain saws

To late in the morning after another almost sleepless night nursing a 12oz cup of expresso trying to get the ambition/energy level up i was wondering what to put my lack of energy into today..
anything needing to much brain power or effort was out of the question..
then i remembered the box of chains at the end of the bench i been meaning to get to.. yeh thats easy enough and not hard to do..
then i got an email for some stuff i had listed on CL for free and forgot to delete the ad..so i deleted it..
then the "free" and chainsharpening came together....
why not put a FREE ad on CL for chain sharpening and maybe get some new people to the shop :)
so i put a listing on for free chainsaw sharpening,no strings attached etc..
now my intentions here are exactally as discribed,,free sharpening,look around and see what i do and "would you like a couple of cards ? " on the way out.. no selling no nothing but some cards out..
in the responses i sent to inquiries i made a note that i like old or broken ,unwanted or chainsaw parts..
the responses were something else !!
emails like,ok ,heres a quote " You are a true inspiration! Thank you for your kind offer and May God bless you and your family this Holiday season!
Deke " and several others..
then people started showing up ,,,it was like an impromptu party..i never gave a card out,they asked for them..i stood at the grinder and answered questions..
everyone said thank you and i will be back when i need something done..
one sneaky guy dropped his chain off to pick up later,he asked what i charged if he needed sharpening in the future...when he picked it up he tried to give me $5,,i told him it was FREE !!!! he dropped the bill on the ground and walked off saying he would be back..
the last guy brought a husky 350 with a messed up B&C and asked if the chain was worth sharpening..cant say i ever saw a BENT chain before but this one was !! LOL !! wouldnt run in the bar.. then i found the bar sprocket tip splayed :(
the hammer and the anvil did the bar ok ,,..
the chain needed the hammer and anvil also,and some grinding on a couple of the DL's..told him did the best i could but,,,,,,,..
after finished it did work ok ..told him if this wasnt a freebie i wouldnt do it and wouldnt recomend it...he was happy with it..
put the saw in his trunk and handed me a husky 41,said it runs but needs work.... awsome guy...
So it seems my little ploy at advertising worked.. i worked 6 hours,,sent out a dozen cards,got $5 and a junk husky 41..and maybe something in the future...
met some REALLY nice people today and found a LOT of them unhappy with thier relationships with dealers..
i hope some of them come back..
good day,i like it when that happens..

I got some none runing cain saws for sale
1 homelite super xl 20 inch with i think it has 5 extra chains
asking 70.00
plus 35 .00 for shiping

Back