FREE FIREWOOD.... AHEM, Here's a good'n

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale

ArboristSite Guru
Gots another "freebie" thread. I should've known I was in trouble when my buddy took on a job he couldn't handle, and asked me for help. Seems as though he took a job cutting a Pine tree that fell in a yard. He started into it with a little (dull chained) Poulan and a 14" bar. See'n how he wasn't gettin far. He solicited my assistance (for a whopping $50) The tree wasn't all that big, maybe 18" DBH and 40 or so feet long. Well the 361 made short work of it (other than the two 6 mile trips to dispose of it, ON MY FARM). Here's where it got good. A neighbor beckoned us over to her yard. Seems she has a Black Cherry tree that her and her husband are worried will fall into their home. Also 20 feet out in front at a slightly different angle (where the trees weight dictates it should be cut) is an ornamental shrub they don't want crushed. As you suspect by now, they had an OFFER. "Hey, if you cut the tree down, you can take it for firewood, and I'll even make dinner." WOOOO-HOOOO DINNER !!! I was gonna tell her (yeah, the wife asked. Hubby was probably too embarrassed) to forget dinner, forget hauling it, I'd just split and stack it there for her. :angry:

............ and no. Before you guys ask. There was nothing else she had to OFFER worth doing it. :-O

Last edited:
Circle B MN
Gots another "freebie" thread. I should've known I was in trouble when my buddy took on a job he couldn't handle, and asked me for help. Seems as though he took a job cutting a Pine tree that fell in a yard. He started into it with a little (dull chained) Poulan and a 14" bar. See'n how he wasn't gettin far. He solicited my assistance (for a whopping $50) The tree wasn't all that big, maybe 18" DBH and 40 or so feet long. Well the 361 made short work of it (other than the two 6 mile trips to dispose of it, ON MY FARM). Here's where it got good. A neighbor beckoned us over to her yard. Seems she has a Black Cherry tree that her and her husband are worried will fall into their home. Also 20 feet out in front at a slightly different angle (where the trees weight dictates it should be cut) is an ornamental shrub they don't want crushed. As you suspect by now, they had an OFFER. "Hey, if you cut the tree down, you can take it for firewood, and I'll even make dinner." WOOOO-HOOOO DINNER !!! I was gonna tell her (yeah, the wife asked. Hubby was probably too embarrassed) to forget dinner, forget hauling it, I'd just split and stack it there for her. :angry:

............ and no. Before you guys ask. There was nothing else she had to OFFER worth doing it. :-O

:laugh:

Latest posts