Offering free help in exchange for firewood.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CircumSi

Reaction score
I have got my CC & MT and felling small trees tickets, I enjoy sourcing and cutting up my own firewood for my log burner I have a 435 and 562XP.
My job is unrelated.
I want to offer help in exchange for gaining experience and maybe some wood but not sure the best way to approach what to ask. Simply just ring up local Tree surgeons and ask?

I take it you mean Torbay in uk.
When I lived in uk in Rutland I helped a couple of tree surgeons with the ground work and I got the wood delivered they were more than willing to do that, that then led to me getting work from them.
Ask what they do with the wood and tell them you are happy to get the wood for doing a bit of work for them.
In a lot of cases people in uk do not burn wood and do not want to have it left on their property so they end up having to dispose of it.
Best of luck, remember if you do not ask you do not get!
Speaking in person may get better results than phoning them.

I take it you mean Torbay in uk.
When I lived in uk in Rutland I helped a couple of tree surgeons with the ground work and I got the wood delivered they were more than willing to do that, that then led to me getting work from them.
Ask what they do with the wood and tell them you are happy to get the wood for doing a bit of work for them.
In a lot of cases people in uk do not burn wood and do not want to have it left on their property so they end up having to dispose of it.
Best of luck, remember if you do not ask you do not get!
Speaking in person may get better results than phoning them.

Lots of tree service work around here also. Power and Phone companies pay for it, and certainly don't want the wood. They drop it, buck it, and sometimes buck it down to 16". Great stuff, but needs to sit out for a couple of years to season. I jump on it when I find it.

Latest posts

Back